The only thing better than a nice mechanical key, is two of them, and ones that also can glow any color of the rainbow - and that's what the Adafruit NeoKey FeatherWing will let you do!
Each Wing has two Kailh sockets, which means you can plug in any MX-compatible switches instead of soldering them in. You may need a little glue to keep the switches in place: hot glue or a dot of epoxy worked fine for Adafruit.
Beneath each switch is a reverse-mount NeoPixel pointing up through the spot where many switches would have an LED to shine though. The two pixels are chained together so you can control them as one 2-pixel NeoPixel strand.
Adafruit wired the switches up very simply, so you can use with any Feather. There's jumper pads you can cut to re-wire the switches and LED strand.
- Switch A - Connects to the Feather pin to the left of SCL, on most Feathers this is pin D5
- Switch B - Connects to the Feather pin two pins to the left of SCL, on most Feathers this is pin D6
- NeoPixel Input - Connects to the Feather pin three pins to the left of SCL, on most Feathers this is pin D9
- Bonus STEMMA QT connector allows you to make solderless connections between your Wing and a wide range of other sensors and accessories using a compatible cable. QT Cable is not included, but we have a variety in the shop.
Please note, each order comes with one assembled FeatherWing PCB and a two sticks of break-off header. Soldering is required to attach the header and connect to a Feather. Two mechanical switches and key caps are not included! Use any MX-compatible switch: Kailh, Gateron, etc all work.
Product Dimensions: 50.0mm x 23.2mm x 5.2mm / 2.0" x 0.9" x 0.2"
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier