NeoKey FeatherWing - Two Mechanical Key Switches with NeoPixelsby Adafruit
The only thing better than a nice mechanical key, is two of them, and ones that also can glow any color of the rainbow - and that's what the Adafruit NeoKey FeatherWing will let you do!
This Wing plugs into any/all Feather main boards and can fit two Cherry MX or compatible switches to turn your Feather into the lil'est macro keypad.
Each Wing has two Kailh sockets, which means you can plug in any MX-compatible switches instead of soldering them in. You may need a little glue to keep the switches in place: hot glue or a dot of epoxy worked fine for Adafruit.
Beneath each switch is a reverse-mount NeoPixel pointing up through the spot where many switches would have an LED to shine though. The two pixels are chained together so you can control them as one 2-pixel NeoPixel strand.
Adafruit wired the switches up very simply, so you can use with any Feather. There's jumper pads you can cut to re-wire the switches and LED strand.
- Switch A - Connects to the Feather pin to the left of SCL, on most Feathers this is pin D5
- Switch B - Connects to the Feather pin two pins to the left of SCL, on most Feathers this is pin D6
- NeoPixel Input - Connects to the Feather pin three pins to the left of SCL, on most Feathers this is pin D9
- Bonus STEMMA QT connector allows you to make solderless connections between your Wing and a wide range of other sensors and accessories using a compatible cable. QT Cable is not included, but we have a variety in the shop.
Please note, each order comes with one assembled FeatherWing PCB and a two sticks of break-off header. Soldering is required to attach the header and connect to a Feather. Two mechanical switches and key caps are not included! Use any MX-compatible switch: Kailh, Gateron, etc all work.
Product Dimensions: 50.0mm x 23.2mm x 5.2mm / 2.0" x 0.9" x 0.2"
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier