Thermocouples are very sensitive, requiring a good amplifier with a cold-compensation reference. The Adafruit MCP9601 I2C Thermocouple Breakout (a.k.a MCP96L01) does all that for you and can be easily interfaced with any microcontroller or single-board computer with I2C.
Inside, the chip handles all the analog stuff for you, and can interface with just about any thermocouple type: K, J, T, N, S, E, B, and R types are all supported! You can also set various alerts for over/under temperature, and read the thermocouple (hot) temperature and the chip (cold) temperature. All this over common I2C.
This breakout board has the chip itself, a 3.3V regulator and level shifting circuitry, all assembled and tested. Works great with 3.3V or 5V logic. Comes with a 2-pin terminal block (for connecting to the thermocouple) and pin header (to plug into any breadboard or perfboard).
- Works with any K, J, T, N, S, E, B, and R type thermocouple
- Datasheet rated for:
- K Type: -200°C to +1372°C
- J Type: -150°C to +1200°C
- T Type: -200°C to +400°C
- N Type: -150°C to +1300°C
- E Type: -200°C to +1000°C
- S Type: +250°C to +1664°C
- B Type: +1000°C to +1800°C
- R Type: +250°C to +1664°C
- Resolution of ±0.0625 °C - note that this is just resolution of the ADC iytoyt, not accuracy
- We use the MCP96L01 in this breakout which has ±2.0°C/±4.0°C (typ./max.) thermocouple accuracy (which is not including the innate inaccuracy of thermocouples, K thermocouples have about ±2°C to ±6°C accuracy)
- Internal temperature reading ('cold junction'
- 3.3 to 5v power supply and logic level compliant
- I2C data connection
Additionally, since it speaks I2C you can easily connect it up with two wires (plus power and ground!). We've even included SparkFun qwiic compatible STEMMA QT connectors for the I2C bus so you don't even need to solder! Use a plug-and-play STEMMA QT cable to get temperature data ASAP. QT Cable is not included, but we have a variety in the shop
Comes assembled and tested. Some soldering is required to attach the terminal block or header to the breakout PCB. The header is only required if you want to use it in a breadboard.
Product Dimensions: 25.5mm x 18.0mm x 4.6mm / 1.0" x 0.7" x 0.2"
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier