This Prototyping System for the BBC micro:bit is a great way to start making circuits and making experiments without the need to solder.
Please Note: BBC micro:bit, 2 x AAA Battery Cage and 2 x AAA Batteries are NOT included. If you also require a BBC micro:bit, you can order one here.
This prototyping system uses our specially designed Edge Connector Breakout Board for micro:bit that gives full access to the pins on the bottom of the micro:bit. The micro:bit pins are broken out to a row of pin headers, the SCL and SDA pins are separated at the edge of the board providing easy identification. The PCB includes a prototyping area with 3V, 0V and unconnected rows that can be soldered to. This allows easy connection of switches, sensors and any pull-up or pull-down resistors etc. as required.
This kit requires assembly.
- No soldering is required
- Breaks out 21 pins from the micro:bit using the pre-built edge connector breakout board for micro:bit
- Small prototype breadboard included so you can use additional components
- Run your own custom code from your micro:bit to interact with external components
- Compatible with micro:bit v1 and v2!
- 2 x pan head M3 machine screws
- 1 x small prototype breadboard
- 10 x jumper wires male to male
- 10 x jumper wires male to female
- 1 x Perspex mounting plate
- 1 x edge connector breakout board for micro:bit - pre-built
- 1 x micro:bit
- 1 x Phillips screwdriver
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Kitronik - check out their website!
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments