This pre-built Edge Connector Breakout Board for the micro:bit gives access to all the important pins on the bottom edge of the micro:bit.
Looking to do more with your micro:bit? Unlock its potential with this pre-built version of our Edge Connector Breakout Board! This breakout board has been designed to offer an easy way to connect additional circuits and hardware to the pins on the edge of the micro:bit. It provides access to all of the micro:bit processor pins allowing a lot of extra functionality to be added. The datasheet (below) includes a helpful diagram explaining the function of every pin on the micro:bit.
This Edge Connector Breakout Board for the micro:bit gives access to all of the important pins on the bottom edge of the micro:bit. 21 pins are broken out in total; providing additional I/O lines, direct access to buttons A and B, the LED matrix outputs and the I2C bus. Please refer to the datasheet below for more details.
The micro:bit pins are broken out to a row of pin headers. These provide an easy way of connecting circuits using jumper wires. The SCL and SDA pins are separated at the edge of the board (solder pads) providing easy identification. The PCB includes a prototyping area with 3V, 0V and unconnected rows that can be soldered to. This allows the easy connection of switches, sensors and any pull-up or pull-down resistors etc. as required.
To use the breakout board the micro:bit should be inserted firmly into the connector as shown below:
- This product is supplied with straight double row PCB pin headers already soldered to the breakout board
- Features a dedicated pin strip for quick and easy prototyping
- Breaks out 21 pins from the edge of the micro:bit
- Dedicated prototyping area with 3V and 0V rows
- Labelled pins and clear, straightforward documentation
- Compatible with micro:bit v1 and v2!
- 1 x Edge Connector Breakout Board for the micro:bit, pre-built
- Length: 60mm
- Width: 40mm
- Height: 11.8mm
- 1 x micro:bit