Try your hand at soldering or brush up on your soldering skills with this beginner-friendly lighthouse soldering kit!
The PCB comes in 2 parts: the main PCB, where you solder the 11 components; and the base PCB, which slots into the bottom of the light house and (with a couple of blobs of solder) gives your lighthouse a strong and stable stand.
Once soldered, this kit will emulate an Isophase lighthouse - but fear not all you lovers of Occulting lighthouses! By changing the value of the resistors you can change the flashing pattern.
Please note: Battery not included
What you will need:
- 1 x 220 ohm resistor ( Red, Red, Black)
- 1 x 82k ohm resistor (Grey, Red, Orange)
- 2 x 220k ohm resistors (Red, Red, Yellow)
- 2 x 2N3904 NPN Transistors
- 1 x Power switch
- 1 x CR2032 battery holder (battery not included)
- 2 x 10uF Capacitors
- 1 x Lighthouse PCB
- 1 x Stand PCB
- 1 x White LED
Want to know how this works? It's a bistable multivibrator (or flip-flop!): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multivibrator
Lighthouse - beginners soldering kit
PPKIT4000Out of stock £6.50
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments