Monitor and analyse the air you breathe with the Kitronik Air Quality Board for the Raspberry Pi Pico. Great for home and in the classroom.
The Kitronik Smart Air Quality Board for Pico provides a complete air monitoring and reporting solution for the Raspberry Pi Pico. The wealth of onboard sensors and connection points allow you to log, store and display data effectively with the Pico filesystem and an OLED screen. There are also connection points for external devices, such as analogue sensors, servos, motors, and heater pads.
The board includes a dual row of pin sockets to connect your Raspberry Pi Pico. The Pico can then read inputs from a BME688 air quality and environmental sensor (temperature, pressure, humidity, air quality index and eCO2). The sensor, along with the RTC and flash memory on the Pico means the board is well set up for data logging. There is a black and white 128x64 OLED display screen and 3 status ZIP LEDs for visually displaying data, a piezo buzzer for audio and two buttons for user input. There are also external connections: 2 1A outputs, a servo output, an extension connection for more ZIP LEDs and analogue input connections linking to the Pico ADC (various other Pico pins are broken out to 0.1” pitch solder pads as further inputs and outputs, along with pads for 3V and GND).
Power is provided via the 3xAA battery holder or the ‘POWER’ terminal block. The voltage supply is controlled using a power switch, with a green LED to indicate when the board is turned on. The Pico also produces a regulated 3V supply which is used to power the BME688 sensor and OLED display screen.
The ‘POWER’ terminal block can also be used as the connection point for a solar cell. NOTE: Please ensure the correct rechargeable batteries are fitted before charging, they should be NiMh.
Kitronik has a MicroPython module to support the use of the Smart Air Quality Board. This can be found, along with example programs and a full README document, on the Kitronik GitHub.
- An all in one Air Quality monitoring and reporting solution for the Raspberry Pi Pico.
- Measure temperature, pressure, humidity, air quality index, and eCO2.
- The board features a black and white 128x64 OLED display screen for visually displaying data.
- The sensor, along with the RTC and flash memory on the Pico means the board is well set up for time-stamped data logging.
- The board also has 3 status ZIP LEDs for visually displaying data, a piezo buzzer for audio and two buttons for user input.
- There is an integrated two-row connector for the Raspberry Pi Pico to slot into.
- There are connection points for external devices, such as analogue sensors, servos, motors, and heater pads.
- The board also features a connection point for a solar cell that can be used alongside rechargeable batteries to keep your experiments running for longer.
- Run long term monitoring experiments in the classroom throughout the school year.
- 1 x Kitronik Smart Air Quality Board for Raspberry Pi Pico.
- Length: 74mm.
- Width: 72mm.
- Height (Max): 28.7mm.
- PCB Thickness: 1.6mm.
- Raspberry Pi Pico
- 3 x AA Batteries or Rechargeable Batteries & solar cell
Kitronik Air Quality Datalogging Board for Pico
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments