Ding dong! Hear that? It's the PiCowbell ringing, letting you know that the new Adafruit PiCowbell Proto is finally in stock and ready to assist your Raspberry Pi Pico and Pico W project with handy hardware and practical prototyping.
The PiCowbell Proto is the same size and shape as a Pico, and is intended to socket underneath to make programming and sensor connectivity easy. Reset button? Yes! STEMMA QT / Qwiic connector for fast I2C? Indeed.
Please Note! To keep things flexible, this PiCowbell does not come with headers: there's a lot of possible configurations and we stock various headers depending on how you want to solder and attach. Especially if you want the Pico on top, so that the BOOTSEL button and LED are accessible.
The PiCowbell Proto provides you with:
- Right angle reset button that sticks out the end
- Right angle JST SH connector for I2C / Stemma QT / Qwiic connection. Or can use it for plain GPIO wiring if you don't have any I2C devices to attach. Provides 3V, GND, IO4 (SDA), and IO5 (SCL)
- Extra set of 4 breakout holes next to the JST SH in case you want more I2C connection or want to re-assign the I2C port.
- 13 rows of 4-hole connected strips in the center area. You can cut the traces between the holes but they're intended to be treated like a mini-mini breadboard
- Every pad on the Pico has a duplicate hole pad next to it for solder-jumpering
- The ground pads have white silkscreen rectangles to easily identify, plus one long ground strip near the reset button
- One long strip of connected holes for 3.3V power
- Gold plated pads for easy soldering
Note that we do not have I2C pullups on the board, but your Qwiic/QT breakout board or accessory likely has them already on-board. If using the Philhower Arduino core, the Wire peripheral is already setup to use IO4 and IO5. If using CircuitPython or MicroPython you'll need to let the code know to look at 4+5 for SDA+SCL pins.
Product Dimensions: 52.0mm x 20.4mm x 4.7mm / 2.0" x 0.8" x 0.2"
Adafruit PiCowbell Proto for Pico - Reset Button & STEMMA QT
ADA5200Out of stock £1.75
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments