This SparkFun Triple-Axis Accelerometer Breakout is a simple Qwiic breakout for the KX132 digital accelerometer from Kionix.
The KX132 is a low-power, 16-bit resolution three-axis accelerometer with four user-selectable acceleration measurement ranges of ±2g/4g/8g/16g and has up to a 10kHz (max) output data rate making it ideal for a wide range of acceleration measurements as well as high-speed applications such as vibration and tap sensing.
The KX132 includes a host of features including Freefall detection, Directional Tap™ and Double-Tap™ detection, tilt orientation detection and more. The Qwiic KX132 can interface with controllers using both I2C and SPI at high speeds so you can use it in an existing Qwiic/I2C chain or on a SPI bus.
The SparkFun Qwiic Connect System is an ecosystem of I2C sensors, actuators, shields and cables that make prototyping faster and less prone to error. All Qwiic-enabled boards use a common 1mm pitch, 4-pin JST connector. This reduces the amount of required PCB space, and polarized connections mean you can’t hook it up wrong.
- Measurement Range: ±2g, ±4g, ±8g, ±16g (User Selectable)
- High Resolution (8 or 16-bit)
- User-Configurable Output Data Rate (ODR) up to 25600Hz
- User-Configurable 3-stage Advanced Data Path featuring low-pass filter, low-pass/high-pass filter and RMS calculation engine
- Wide range of built-in sensing functions
- Free Fall
- Directional-Tap™ / Double-Tap™
- Device Orientation & Activity Algorithms
- Low Noise: 130µg/√Hz (varies based on ODR, power mode & other settings)
- High Resolution Wake-Up & Back-to-Sleep Detection with configurable threshold as low as 3.9mg
- 512-byte FIFO buffer that continues recording data while being read
- Selectable Low-Power or High-Performance operating modes
- Low Power with Integrated Voltage Regulator
- High Performance Operating Current Consumption (400Hz ODR + Wake-Up Detection): 148µA
- Low Power Operating Current Consumption (0.781Hz ODR + Wake-Up Detection): 0.53µA
- Standby Current Consumption: 0.5µA
- Self-Test Functionality
- Digital I2C up to 3.4MHz and Digital SPI up to 10MHz
- 2x Qwiic Connectors
- SPI available on PTH Header Pins
- I2C Address: 0x1E (0x1F alternate)