The SparkFun Qwiic BMA400 Triple Axis Accelerometer Breakout offers a 3-axis acceleration sensor perfect for ultra-low-power applications on an easy-to-use Qwiic breakout board.
Dubbed the first "real" ultra-low power acceleration sensor, the BMA400 is perfect when used in both wearable and smart home applications. Where this sensor shines, however, is its ability to distinguish between critical situations and false signals by avoiding false alarms. The Qwiic system allows for integration into your I2C system with no soldering required. This Qwiic breakout also includes 0.1"-spaced PTH pins connected to the sensor's communication interface and interrupt pins for applications that require a traditional soldered connection.
The BMA400 from Bosch Sensortech© has a full-scale acceleration range of ±2/±4/±8/±16g with exceptionally low current consumption of < 14.5µA while operating at its highest performance settings. The sensor also includes a complete feature set for on-chip interrupts including auto wakeup/low power, step counter, activity recognition, orientation detection, and tap/double tap.
The SparkFun Qwiic Connect System is an ecosystem of I2C sensors, actuators, shields and cables that make prototyping faster and less prone to error. All Qwiic-enabled boards use a common 1mm pitch, 4-pin JST connector. This reduces the amount of required PCB space, and polarized connections mean you can’t hook it up wrong.
- Supply voltage range
- 1.72 - 3.6V
- Ultra-Low current consumption
- < 14.5µA at highest performance settings
- I2C interface (Qwiic-enabled)
- SPI interface (disabled by default)
- I2C addresses
- 0x14 (Default), 0x15
- Selectable acceleration ranges
- On-chip interrupt features
- Auto-low power/auto wake-up
- Step counter
- Activity recognition (walking, running, standing still)
- Motion detection
- Orientation detection
- Tap/double tap
- Output data rate range
- 12.5 - 800Hz (Normal Mode)
- 25Hz (Low-Power Mode)
- 2x Qwiic Horizontal Connectors
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier