Use the SparkFun OpenPIR sensor to detect motion in a small/local area –– they’re the sensor of choice in security systems, home automation, and proximity-sensing applications.
The OpenPIR (PIR stands for Passive Infrared) is based around the NCS36000 PIR controller, and allows you to set the sensitivity, trigger time and pulse mode of the motion sensor so you can tailor it to your application!
Two knobs (trimpots) allow you to adjust both sensitivity (view distance) and the oscillator to control the length of time the output remains HIGH, as well as a trigger that supports two motion-detection modes: single-pulse and dual-pulse.
There's also a reverse-entry green LED, which duplicates the status of the OUT pin. When motion is detected, the LED will illuminate; otherwise it will remain off.
The OpenPIR supports a power supply range of 3VDC to 5.75VDC at 80µA standby (3mA when detecting motion) and is able to be connected via a standard 0.1" header or a 4-pin JST PH connector.
- Voltage Supply Range: 3VDC to 5.75VDC
- Standby Average Current: 80µA
- Motion-Detected Average Current: 3mA (LED enabled)
- Integrated 2−Stage Amplifier
- Internal LDO to Drive Sensor
- Internal Oscillator with External RC
- Single or Dual Pulse Detection
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Sparkfun - check out their website!
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments