The MicroMod ESP32 Processor Board combines Espressif's ESP32 with an M.2 connector interface to bring a processor board with reliable WiFi and Bluetooth capabilities into the MicroMod ecosystem.
With the M.2 MicroMod connector, connecting your ESP32 Processor is a breeze. Simply match up the key on your processor's beveled edge connector to the key on the M.2 connector and secure it with a screw (included with all Carrier Boards). If you need to swap out your processor for a strong wireless option, make sure to check out the MicroMod ESP32!
The ESP32 includes a laundry list of functionality, including the dual-core Tensilica LX6 microprocessor, 240MHz clock frequency, 520kB internal SRAM, integrated WiFi transceiver, integrated dual-mode Bluetooth, and hardware accelerated encryption (AES, SHA2, ECC, RSA-4096). With this MicroMod processor board, you have access to 8 general use IO pins, dedicated analog, digital, and PWM pins, as well as all the fan favorites - SPI, I2C, UART, and SDIO. Add to that 16MB flash storage and sleep current of around 500µA, and you've got a perfect storm of versatility.
MicroMod is a modular interface ecosystem that connects a microcontroller “processor board” to various “carrier board” peripherals. Utilizing the M.2 standard, the MicroMod standard is designed to easily swap out processors on the fly. Pair a specialized carrier board for the project you need with your choice of compatible processor!
ESP32 General Features:
- Dual-core Tensilica LX6 microprocessor
- Up to 240MHz clock frequency
- 520kB internal SRAM
- 128mbit/16MB flash storage
- Integrated 802.11 BGN WiFi transceiver
- Integrated dual-mode Bluetooth (classic and BLE)
- 2.7 to 3.6V operating range
- 500µA sleep current under hibernation
- 10-electrode capacitive touch support
- Hardware accelerated encryption (AES, SHA2, ECC, RSA-4096)
Specific Peripherals made available on MicroMod ESP32:
- 1x USB dedicated for programming and debug
- 1x UART
- 2x I2C
- 1x SPI
- 7x GPIO
- 2x Digital Pins
- 2x Analog Pins
- 2x PWM
- Status LED
- VIN Level ADC
Additional peripherals are available but are shared on dedicated MicroMod pins.
MicroMod ESP32 Processor Documentation:
- SparkFun MicroMod Interface v1.0 - Pinout
- SparkFun MicroMod Interface v1.0 - Pin Descriptions
- Getting Started with MicroMod
- Designing with MicroMod
- MicroMod Info Page
- MicroMod Forums
- SparkFun Eagle Libraries contains example footprints for the M.2 connector and SMD standoff
- M.2 MicroMod Connector Datasheet
- MicroMod Reflowable Standoff Datasheet