This Servo:Lite board for the micro:bit can form the control hub for your robotics project, control up to three servos & has 5 x RGB ZIP LEDs on board.
The Servo:Lite board for the micro:bit is a simple board that allows you to easily connect and control low power servo motors (servo's must be capable of operating at 3.3V) using the micro:bit. It is connected to the micro:bit using five bolts. Connect two servos in standard configuration and it can drive up to 3 servos if the addressable ‘ZIP’ LEDs aren’t needed.
It is powered by 3 AAA batteries and also supplies power to the micro:bit, the board features an on/off switch so when it's not in use the batteries won't drain.
The board also features 5 x RGB individually addressable ZIP LEDs (NeoPixel-compatible) and additional external ZIP LEDs can be connected to the board as required.
Kitronik have produced a range of tutorials and guides that can be found in the resources section below. They have guides detailing; how to control a third servo and how to write code for the on-board ZIP LEDs.
- Connect two servos in standard conﬁguration and can drive up to 3 servos if the addressable ‘ZIP’ LEDs aren’t needed
- Powered by 3 AAA batteries that also supply power to the micro:bit (not supplied)
- On/off switch
- 5 x RGB addressable ZIP LEDs (NeoPixel-compatible). Additional external ZIP LEDs can be connected to the board.
- Compatible with micro:bit v1 and v2!
- 1 x Servo:Lite board with battery holder pre-fitted
- 5 x M3x8 counter-sunk Pozi Steel screws
- 1 x Perspex spacer
- Length: 55mm
- Height: 52mm
- Height: 17mm
- 3 x AAA batteries
- 1 x micro:bit
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Kitronik - check out their website!