This minimal camera for the Pi Zero (or Pi Zero W) is perfect for small camera projects where space is at a premium.
The sensor is 5MP, and the whole shebang is mounted on a flexible circuit board. As such, a little care is needed when handling, just like the connector on the Pi Zero. Easy there, Lennie!
Otherwise it's an economical and svelte solution for bird box cameras, body-cams, home security, and simple computer vision projects.
UPDATE: now also available without an IR filter, which is useful for night vision, especially when using IR lights to illuminate the subject.
UPDATE: now also available with a 160° wide-angle, variable-focus lens! You can adjust the focus on this lens to focus reaaaaaally close!!
- 5MP sensor, 2592x1944 pixels (same as version 1 official Pi camera)
- 1080p video at 30 FPS (or 60 FPS at 720p, 90 FPS at 480p)
- f2.9 lens, 3.60 mm focal length
- 53.50 degrees horizontal, 41.41 degrees vertical field of view (standard and no IR filter versions)
- Approx. dimensions of circuit and camera: 60 x 11.4 x 5.1mm
- Only for Raspberry Pi Zero or Zero W with CSI camera port
- Raspberry Pi Zero not included
- Not compatible with Official Raspberry Pi Zero case