Display, elegantly, 012345678 or 9! Gaze, hypnotized, at ABCDEFGHIJKLM - well it can display the whole alphabet!
- This is a nice, bright alphanumeric display that shows letters and numbers in a beautiful hue.
- It's super bright and designed for viewing from distances up to 23 feet (7 meters) away.
- Digits have seven white segments on a black surface and you get a set of two alphanumeric displays as well as a driver board so you can make a clock or a four letter word.
Like our other LED backpacks, these are end-to-end stackable and by soldering the address jumpers on the back you can have up to 8 backpacks all sharing the same two I2C wires!
This product comes with:
- 2 x Ultra-Bright Alphanumeric Display - 0.54" Digit Height for 4 digits total
- 1 x Adafruit 14-segment LED Alphanumeric Backpack
- 1 x 5-pin header
A bit of soldering is required to attach the matrix onto the backpack but its very easy to do and only takes about 5 minutes. Of course, in classic Adafruit fashion, they also have a detailed tutorial showing you how to solder, wire and control the display.
If you've been eying alphanumeric displays but hesitated because of the complexity, this is the solution you've been looking for!
This board/chip uses I2C 7-bit addresses between 0x70-0x77, selectable with jumpers.