The MonsterBorg is a beast of a kit designed to be taken off road or driven autonomously, built to take hard bumps and knocks. MonsterBorg is capable of driving upside-down and even flipping itself over.
The MonsterBorg can be programmed as a self-driving robot, used for education about self-driving systems, or raced around the garden as an RC off-roader. It also makes a great platform for hacking about with robots by adding extra sensors or servos.
- Up to three hours runtime!
- Designed for the Raspberry Pi.
- 4x high-torque 300 RPM metal geared 37mm motors (pre soldered)
- Rugged 3mm thick Aluminium chassis
- 105mm / 4 inch diameter off road wheels
- ThunderBorg 5A motor controller
- ThunderBorg Lid for 10xAA batteries
- Mount for a Raspberry Pi camera
- No soldering required
The MonsterBorg kit comes with the wires, screws, motors, hubs and wheels that you need to get it running. You need just add a Raspberry Pi, a micro SD card, 10 AA batteries, and an optional Pi camera. Screwdrivers are needed for assembly.
You can find the original Kickstarter project that launched MonsterBorg here.
* Raspberry Pi 4 - Model B compatibility: PiBorg have tested MonsterBorg with the Pi 4 and it works fine, however the 5V supply does not fully meet the Pi 4's 2.5A specification.