ThunderBorg is a powerful dual motor control board for making awesome robots with your Raspberry Pi. ThunderBorg is designed to handle up to 5A per motor connection, so it's great for bigger-than-your-average-buggy projects and making awesome robots from your Raspberry Pi.
The ThunderBorg is used in the MonsterBorg robot kit.
All ThunderBorg versions include:
- Control BIG or small motors
- On-board 5V regulator powers the Raspberry Pi
- Runs from any battery pack or power supply from 7V to 35V
- Proper 5A output per motor connection
- Speed control forwards and reverse via PWM
- On-board voltage monitoring for attached batteries
- Mounts directly onto most Raspberry Pi models
- Super bright 24 Bit LED capable of over 16 million colours
- Stackable! Plug in more boards to control up to 200 motors!
- Controls 2x DC Motors or 4, 5 or 6 wire stepper motors
- Uses I2C SCK/SDA and 3.3V/GND pins for communications
- Overheat protection, under voltage lockout, and short circuit protection
* Raspberry Pi 4 - Model B compatibility: PiBorg have tested ThunderBorg with the Pi 4 and it works fine, however the 5V supply does not fully meet the Pi 4's 2.5A specification.
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at PiBorg - check out their website!
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments