Bring your imagination to life. Simple and uncluttered control of up to 3 servos with the Kitronik :CREATE Simple Servo Control Board for BBC micro:bit.
The Simple Servo Control Board offers a simple interface between the BBC micro:bit and up to 3 servos. The board features an edge connector for the micro:bit to slot into and in addition to the servo pin header connections, there are also 6 croc-clippable pads for adding additional devices.
The servo pin header connections are on a 0.1 inch (2.54mm) pitch and are labelled on the board as; Power, Ground and Signal. The 6 croc-clippable pads, at the bottom of the board, break out the P0, P1, P2 pins from the micro:bit. There are also pads for 3.3V and GND, with the final pad (Switch A) which allows for connecting an external switch.
The board is powered from 3x AA batteries (with attached battery cage) which powers the servo’s and is regulated to the required voltage to power a BBC micro:bit. The board includes a power switch to turn the servo’s and BBC micro:bit on or off. The power LED at the top of the board indicates when the board is active. The simple servo control board has mounting lugs on either side. They have been designed for use with elastic bands so that the board can be connected to your project without the need for tools.
Code it with MakeCode: Kitronik has created custom blocks for the Simple Servo board for use with MakeCode. To add these blocks, first go to MakeCode. and start a new project. Under the “Advanced” section click on “Extensions”. In the next window search for “Simple Servo”. Once the icon appears, click on the icon to import it into MakeCode.
Code it with MicroPython: Kitronik has created example code for initialising and controlling the servos for the Simple Servo Board. The class code can be found at the GitHub page. For more information, please see the Datasheet.
- A simple interface for the BBC micro:bit, for control of up to 3 servos.
- Featuring an edge connector that the micro:bit pushes into.
- In addition to the servo pin header connections, there are also 6 croc-clippable pads for adding additional devices.
- The board includes a power switch to turn the servo’s and BBC micro:bit on or off.
- The power LED at the top of the board indicates when the board is active.
- Code it with MakeCode (For more information, please see the Datasheet).
- Code it with MicroPython (See GitHub page. For more information, please see the Datasheet).
- The board has mounting lugs on either side. They have been designed for use with elastic bands so that the board can be connected to your project without the need for tools.
- The simple servo control board has a battery cage pre-fitted to the rear of the board.
- 1 x Kitronik :CREATE Simple Servo Control Board.
- Length: 50mm.
- Width: 70mm.
- Max Height: 29mm.
- PCB thickness: 1.6mm.
- BBC micro:bit.
- 3 x AA Batteries.
- A USB Cable.
- Servo Motors, any combination of;
- 360 degree continuous rotation servo.
- 180-degree servo. resin gear
- 180-degree servo metal gear.
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Kitronik - check out their website!
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments