Make the Raspberry Pi Pico the core of your buggy builds with the Kitronik Compact Motor Driver Board for Raspberry Pi Pico.
This board allows the Raspberry Pi Pico (connected via pin header) to drive two motors simultaneously with full forward, reverse & stop control, making it ideal for Pico controlled buggy projects. Alternatively, the board can be used to power a stepper motor. The board also features the DRV8833 motor driver IC, which has built-in short circuit, over current and thermal protection.
The board also features 4 external connections to GPIO pins and a 3V and GND supply from the Pico. This allows for additional IO options for your buggy builds that can be read or controlled by the Pico. There is also an on/off switch and power status LED. See at a glance if the board is powered up and save your batteries when your project is not in use.
To use the motor driver board, the Pico should have a soldered pin header and be inserted firmly into the connector. The board also produces a regulated 3V supply that is fed into the 40-way connector to power the Pico, removing the need to power the Pico directly. The motor driver board is powered via a USB style connector.
Kitronik has developed a micro-python module and sample code to support the use of the Motor Driver board with the Pico. This code is available in the GitHub repo.
- A compact yet feature-packed board designed to sit at the heart of your Raspberry Pi Pico robot buggy projects.
- The board can drive 2 motors simultaneously with full forward, reverse, and stop control.
- It features the DRV8833 motor driver IC, which has built-in short circuit, over current and thermal protection.
- This board also features an on/off switch and power status LED.
- Power the board via a terminal block style connector.
- The 3V and GND pins are also broken out, allowing external devices to be powered.
- Code it with MicroPython or via an editor such as the Thonny editor.
- 1 x Kitronik Compact Motor Driver Board for Raspberry Pi Pico.
- Length: 68mm.
- Width: 31mm.
- Height: 10.6mm.
- PCB Thickness: 1.6mm
- Mounting Holes (Diameter): 3mm.
Kitronik Motor Driver Board for Raspberry Pi Pico
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments