MKR ZERO has an on-board SD connector with dedicated SPI interfaces (SPI1) that allows you to play with MUSIC files with no extra hardware!
Watch out music makers, we’ve got some news for you! Arduino have released two libraries for your enjoyment:
- Arduino Sound library – a simple way to play and analyze audio data using Arduino on SAM D21-based boards.
- I2S library – to use the I2S protocol on SAMD21-based boards. For those who don’t know, I2S (Inter-IC Sound) is an electrical serial bus interface standard for connecting digital audio devices.
The MKR ZERO brings you the power of a Zero in the smaller format established by the MKR form factor. The MKR ZERO board acts as a great educational tool for learning about 32-bit application development. It has an on-board SD connector with dedicated SPI interfaces (SPI1) that allows you to play with MUSIC files with no extra hardware! The board is powered by Atmel’s SAMD21 MCU, which features a 32-bit ARM Cortex® M0+ core.
Warning: Unlike most Arduino & Genuino boards, the MKRZero runs at 3.3V. The maximum voltage that the I/O pins can tolerate is 3.3V. Applying voltages higher than 3.3V to any I/O pin could damage the board.
The board contains everything needed to support the microcontroller; simply connect it to a computer with a micro-USB cable or power it by a LiPo battery. The battery voltage can also be monitored since a connection between the battery and the analog converter of the board exists.
You can find your board warranty information here
Arduino MKR ZERO (I2S bus & SD for sound, music & digital audio data)
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments