Your Raspberry Pi computer is like an electronic brain - and with the Adafruit Voice Bonnet you can give it a mouth and ears as well!
Featuring two built in microphones and two 1 Watt speaker outputs using a high quality I2S codec, this Pi add-on will work with any Raspberry Pi with a 2x20 connector - from the Pi Zero up to the Pi 4 and beyond (basically all but the very first ones made).
The on-board WM8960 codec uses I2S digital audio for great quality recording and playback - so it sounds a lot better than the headphone jack on the Pi (or the no-headphone jack on a Pi Zero). Adafruit put ferrite beads and filter capacitors on every input and output to get the best possible performance, and all at a great price.
They specifically designed this bonnet for use with making machine learning projects such as DIY voice assistants - for example see this guide on creating a DIY Google Assistant. But you could do various voice activated or voice recognition projects. With two microphones, basic voice position can be detected as well.
- WM8960 codec uses I2S digital audio for both input and output
- On/Off privacy switch to deactivate audio so you know it can't be recording.
- Two built in analog microphone inputs (left and right)
- Two 1W speaker outputs (speakers not included)
- 3.5mm stereo headphone or line-out audio
- Plugs into any Raspberry Pi with 2x20 headers
With the extra space on the PCB they also added some bonus extras!
- Push button - Use to change modes, activate the voice assistant, anything you like!
- Three DotStar RGB LEDs - add LED feedback or make a rainbow light show
- STEMMA QT connector - plug in any of our STEMMA QT I2C sensors, OLEDs, or accessories.
- 3 Pin JST STEMMA connector - for larger accessories, like NeoPixels, a relay or servo
No assembly required! Simply pop it onto your Pi and install the microphone/speaker card using the installer script. Your Pi will then have stereo input and output for use in any software - they appear as any other speaker/mic would. Play music or record audio with ease. For audio input, the two microphones are built into the Bonnet. For audio output, you can either use the Line-out/Headphone 3.5mm stereo jack or you can plug in one or two speakers. For DIY speakers, solder any 1W+ speaker to a JST 2-PH cable. If you'd like to stack another HAT or bonnet on top, use a 2x20 stacking header to feed through the 2x20 connector.
Product Dimensions: 65.2mm x 33.3mm x 11.0mm / 2.6" x 1.3" x 0.4"
Product Weight: 6.0g / 0.2oz
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier