Design your own Pi HAT, attach custom circuitry and otherwise dress your Pi 3, 2, A+ or B+ with this jaunty prototyping HAT kit.
- It has a grid of 0.1" prototyping soldering holes for attaching chips, resistors, LED, potentiometers and more.
- The holes are connected underneath with traces to mimic the solderless breadboards you're familiar with.
- There are also long power strips for +3V, +5V and Ground connections to the Pi.
- Near the top we break out nearly every pin you could want to connect to the Pi (#26 didnt quite make the cut).
This is just the basic version of our Perma-Proto HAT. It comes with a printed circuit board and a single 2x20 GPIO Header for Raspberry Pi to put your Perma-Proto on top of your Raspberry Pi (like a nice little hat...)
Availble in two variants
- One does not come with an EEPROM so you can 'stack' it with other HATs without worrying about an EEPROM address collision.
- One comes with a blank 24C32 I2C EEPROM soldered on and connected to the EEDAT/EECLK lines so you cannot 'stack' it with other HATs. However, you can program in the EEPROM to make a self-identifying setup using the Pi Foundations' HAT specs - please note the specifications are still under development.
A bit of light soldering is required to attach the header to the PCB but it's easy work.
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Adafruit - check out their website!