Pocket-sized fun is the name of this game, with the Joy Bonnet – Adafruits most fun Bonnet ever (no we didn't even think that was possible, either!).
This Bonnet fits perfectly on top of your Raspberry Pi Zero (any kind) and gives you adorable hand-held arcade controls. Once you install our script onto your Pi, the controls will act like a keyboard, for easy use with any emulator or media player.
Adafruit found this Bonnet to work best with RetroPie/EmulationStation. On a Pi Zero they could emulate NES and MAME game (our favorites!) but other emulators that don't require more than 1GHz speeds will work OK too, e.g. a N64 emulator won't work, it needs way more power!
Best of all, this Bonnet is fully assembled - no soldering at all is required. You may need to solder headers onto your Pi Zero (or use hammer headers) but once that's done you're ready to rock. In theory you could also use this with a Pi A+ or B+/2/3 but it wouldn't be very hand-held.
Raspberry Pi, HDMI cables, SD card, enclosure, and display not included. But we do stock all those things in the shop.
- Setup instructions, Source code, schematic, and EagleCAD PCB files are available in the product tutorial!
- Product Dimensions: 65.0mm x 30.6mm x 18.0mm / 2.6" x 1.2" x 0.7"
- Product Weight: 10.8g / 0.4oz
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier