Home is where the heart is...it's also where we keep all our electronic bits. So why not wire it up with sensors and actuators to turn our house into an electronic wonderland.
Whether it's tracking the environmental temperature and humidity in your laundry room, or notifying you when someone is detected in the kitchen, to sensing when a window was left open, or logging when your cat leaves through the pet door, this board is designed to make it way easy to make WiFi-connected home automation projects.
The main processor is the ESP32-S2, which has the advantage of the low cost and power of the ESP32 with the flexibility of CircuitPython support thanks to native USB support. There's also Arduino support for this chip, and many existing ESP32 projects seem to run as-is. Note this chip does not have BLE support, but for WiFi projects its great. You can use it to connect to IoT services or just the Internet in general, with SSL support and this module has plenty of PSRAM for any kind of data processing.
The board is designed to make it easy to wire up sensors with little or no soldering. There are built in sensors for light, pressure, humidity and temperature sensors. Three JST PH plugs allow for quick connection of STEMMA boards that use digital or analog I/O, and there's a STEMMA QT port for any I2C devices.
Here's what is included on this development board:
- ESP32-S2 240MHz Tensilica processor - the next generation of ESP32, now with native USB so it can act like a keyboard/mouse, MIDI device, disk drive, etc!
- WROVER module has FCC/CE certification and comes with 4 MByte of Flash and 2 MByte of PSRAM - you can have huge data buffers
- 1.54" Color TFT display with 240x240 pixels. This petite display is one of our favorites, with SPI interface and a controllable backlight.
- USB C power and data connector
- Five mini RGB DotStar LEDs on the top, for animations or easily-visible notification
- Three buttons can be used to wake up the ESP32 from deep-sleep, or select different modes
- DPS310 barometric pressure and temperature sensor
- AHT20 relative humidity and temperature sensor
- Plug in socket for Mini PIR sensor (not included)
- Front facing light sensor
- Speaker/Buzzer can play tones and beeps for audible notification.
- STEMMA QT port for attaching all sorts of I2C devices
- Three STEMMA 3 pin JST connectors for attaching NeoPixels, speakers, servos or relays.
- Three capacitive touch pads and one capacitive touch slider with 5 elements.
- On/Off switch
- Boot and Reset buttons for re-programming
- Overall length: 85mm
- Width: 56mm
- Height: 10.8mm
- Weight: 26.6g
- Primary Guide: Adafruit FunHouse - WiFi connected home automation projects made easy!
- Using the Adafruit FunHouse with Home Assistant - Use the full power of the FunHouse with Home assistant
- Funhouse Door Alert with Email Notification - Build a WiFi home automation system that sends a message when your door is ajar!
- Creating FunHouse Projects with CircuitPython - The FunHouse library makes it very easy to create connected, home automation projects with a display and plenty of inputs
- See all Guides
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Adafruit - check out their website!