Our Raspberry Pi Essentials Kit contains a top of the range Raspberry Pi 5 mini-computer and all the essentials you need to make it work.
Raspberry Pi 5 is up to three times faster than its predecessor, making it perfect for smooth gaming, zippy browsing, and other powerful applications. And get this—it can run two 4K displays simultaneously. Oh, and did we mention it comes loaded with a host of other upgrades for cameras, displays, and USB? Because it absolutely does!
This beginner friendly kit has the necessary cables for plugging in power and a monitor, an SD card conveniently preloaded with Raspberry Pi OS and a smart official case (with built-in cooling) to keep your Pi safe, cool and stylish.
- 1 x Raspberry Pi 5 (with 4GB or 8GB of RAM)
- 1 x Official 1m Micro-HDMI to HDMI Cable
- 1 x Raspberry Pi 5 Official 27W USB-C Power Supply
- 1 x 32GB microSD card (with SD adaptor)
- 1 x Raspberry Pi 5 Official Case (with Fan)
Just hook it up to your favourite screen, keyboard, and mouse and away you go!
Essentials kits are now available with a choice of power supply. Be sure to select the correct one for your region!
UK - 3 pin UK plug (type G)
EU - 2 pin EU plug (type C)
US - 2 pin US plug (type A)
- 2.4GHz quad-core 64-bit Arm Cortex-A76 CPU 😎
- VideoCore VII GPU, supporting OpenGL ES 3.1, Vulkan 1.2
- Dual 4Kp60 HDMI® output (HDR + HEVC decoder)
- LPDDR4X-4267 SDRAM (4GB and 8GB options)
- Dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi® + Bluetooth 5.0 / BLE
- microSD card slot (high-speed SDR104 mode)
- PCIe 2.0 x1 interface for fast peripherals (requires adapter) 🤯
- 4 × USB ports (2 x 3.0 @ 5Gbps & 2 x 2.0)
- Gigabit Ethernet (PoE+ requires separate PoE+ HAT)
- 2 × 4-lane MIPI camera/display ports 😲
- 5V/5A DC power via USB-C, with Power Delivery support
- Raspberry Pi standard 40-pin GPIO header
- Real-time clock (RTC), powered from external battery
Oh, and did we mention it has a power button? That's right, folks! For the first time ever, you can turn off your Raspberry Pi without having to dive under the desk and wrestle with your power strip. Welcome to the future, where convenience is literally at the push of a button!
Next level performance
Featuring a 64-bit quad-core Arm Cortex-A76 processor running at 2.4GHz coupled with the up to 8GB LPDDR4 RAM, Raspberry Pi 5 delivers a 2–3× increase in CPU performance relative to Raspberry Pi 4. Alongside a substantial uplift in graphics performance from an 800MHz VideoCore VII GPU;
That's performance that you'll really notice when you're on the desktop, playing games, compiling your kernel for the umpteenth time trying to get Sound Blaster support working with Pulse Audio or just crunching some numbers for the LLM that powers your your automated cat GIF scraping bot - meow! 🐱
Shift those bits!
Raspberry Pi 5 has a whole host of upgrades that make I/O really haul butt. The SD card implementation now supports high-speed SDR104 mode doubling peak throughput - we're seeing 85+MB/s sequential read speeds in early tests!
The new RP1 "southbridge" chip (designed in-house at Raspberry Pi) supercharges the I/O capabilities delivering twice the USB bandwidth and two four-lane MIPI transceivers allowing higher resolution camera and display accessories.
And in a first for Pi we also have a user accessible single-lane PCIe 2.0 interface which can be used to interface all sorts of lovely hardware that previously your Raspberry Pi could only dream of talking to. Gosh.
4K display support, dual micro-HDMI
There are dual micro-HDMI ports that support up to 4Kp60, to use your Raspberry Pi 5 with much larger displays with crisp, sharp, high resolution. Use the H.265 4Kp60 hardware decoding to watch 4K movies in your favourite media centre distro.
Bluetooth 5.0 and wireless LAN
The new chipset supports Bluetooth 5.0 and also dual-band 802.11ac wireless LAN, like the previous generation Raspberry Pi, for quick wireless networking with less interference and better reception.
8GB RAM – UK Power Supply
8GB RAM – EU Power Supply
8GB RAM – US Power Supply
4GB RAM – UK Power Supply
PIM683Out of stock £80.25
4GB RAM – EU Power Supply
4GB RAM – US Power Supply
Reduced availability means we need to share the love ❤️ learn more
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments