Add motor driving capability to the micro:bit with the Kitronik compact motor driver board for the BBC micro:bit.
This motor driver board allows two motors to be driven simultaneously with forward, reverse & stop control, making it ideal for designs such as buggies. The board has built-in short circuit, over current and thermal protection.
The board includes an integrated Edge Connector for your BBC micro:bit to easily slot into. It also features external connections to the button A and button B inputs. This allows additional switches/inputs to be connected to the motor driver board and the state of these can then be read by the BBC micro:bit.
There are 2 additional inputs/outputs. These can be used for connecting a range of parts and can be used in either digital or analogue modes.
Power is provided via either a terminal block or servo style connector, the supply is then controlled by an on/off power switch to the board. There is a green LED to indicate when the board is turned on. The board also produces a regulated 3V supply that is fed into the 40 way connector to power the inserted BBC micro:bit, removing the need to power the BBC micro:bit directly.
Kitronik has produced a set of custom blocks for the MakeCode editor to simplify using the Compact motor driver board. To add them to the editor, select the cog icon in the top right of the editor. Then, select Extensions from the drop-down menu and in the search bar type and enter Kitronik. Pick the Kitronik motor driver tile from the list and the new blocks will be added to the menu in the editor.
- Ideal for designs such as buggies and other robotics projects.
- Drive 2 motors with full forward, reverse and stop control.
- Terminal blocks for easy connection of motors and inputs.
- The 2 additional inputs/outputs can be used in either digital or analogue modes.
- This board also features an on/off switch and power status LED.
- Includes Edge Connector for the BBC micro:bit to slot into.
- Provides regulated power to the BBC micro:bit.
- Access the other BBC micro:bit pins easily and conveniently.
- Program with the MakeCode editor or with python.
- Compatible with micro:bit v1 and v2!
|Supply Voltage||3V - 10.8V|
|Number of Motor Channels||2 DC / 1 Stepper|
|Motor Voltage||Same as Supply voltage|
|Max Motor Current||1.5 Amps / Motor|
- 1 x Compact Motor Driver Board for the BBC micro:bit.
- Length: 68mm.
- Width: 46.5mm.
- Height: 10.6mm.
- PCB Thickness: 1.6mm.