A generous 2.0" (320 x 240) IPS LCD display for Raspberry Pi with lots of tasty baked in functionality.
Display HAT Mini features a bright 18-bit capable 320x240 pixel display with vibrant colours and formidable IPS viewing angles, connected via SPI. It's got four tactile buttons for interacting with your Pi with your digits and a RGB LED for notifications. We've also squeezed in a QwST connector (Qwiic / STEMMA QT) and a Breakout Garden header so it's a doddle to connect up different kinds of breakouts.
It will work with any model of Pi with a 40 pin header, but we think it goes with the Raspberry Pi Zero particularly well - we've included a pair of standoffs so you can use to bolt HAT and Pi together to make a sturdy little unit. To accommodate the screen Display HAT Mini is a bit bigger than a standard mini HAT or pHAT - it's around 5mm taller than a Pi Zero (so a Mini HAT XL or a Mini HAT Pro, if you will).
Display HAT Mini lets you turn a Raspberry Pi into a convenient IoT control panel, a tiny photo frame, digital art display or gif-box, or a desktop display for news headlines, tweets, or other info from online APIs. This screen is a handy 3:2 ratio, useful for retro gaming purposes!
- 2.0” 320x240 pixel IPS LCD screen, connected via SPI (~220 PPI, 65K colours)
- 4 x tactile buttons
- RGB LED
- Qw/ST (Qwiic/STEMMA QT) connector
- Breakout Garden / I2C header
- Pre-soldered socket header for attaching to Raspberry Pi
- Compatible with all models of Raspberry Pi with a 40 pin header.
- Fully assembled
- No soldering required (as long as your Pi has header pins attached).
- Dimensions: approx 65.5mm x 35mm x 9mm (W x H x D, includes header and display). With a Pi Zero attached with standoffs, the total depth is 17mm.
- Screen usable area: 40.8mm x 30.6mm (L x W)
- Dimensional drawing
- Display HAT Mini Python library
- ST7789 Python library
- Display HAT Mini
- 2 x 10mm standoffs
Raspberry Pi and accessories are sold separately, check out the Extras tab for some options!
To get started, follow the installation instructions in the Display HAT Mini library. This library contains some examples of how to use the screen, buttons and LED with Pygame. You can also find examples for this screen in our ST7789 Python library, these show you how to write and draw on the screen using PIL to display shapes, text and gifs.
We've also been having fun with fbcp-ili9341 - a high level framebuffer driver for SPI-based LCD displays. The Raspberry Pi OS desktop is a leeetle small on a 2.0" screen, but this might be a good option if you're doing something like building your own custom retro console.
If you have a Breakout Garden breakout without a Qw/ST connector, you can either pop one of these adaptors on the end of your cable, or you can plug a Breakout Extender into the header at the other end of Display HAT Mini (you can find it next to your Pi's SD card slot).
- The buttons are close to the edge of the screen, so it's worth taking a bit of care when pressing the buttons that you're not also pressing down on the screen, particularly at the edge with the ribbon cable.
- Please note that because of Display HAT Mini's extra size, it will overhang adjacent slots on expansion boards like pHAT Stack, Black HAT Hacker, HAT Hacker HAT and Flat HAT Hacker. No shame - every HAT is valid, every HAT is beautiful.
- We've found two standoffs to be sufficient to keep this HAT firmly in place, but if you want to add standoffs at every corner of your Zero so you can use it to stop a tank or something you can pick up more here.
Display HAT Mini
PIM589Out of stock £15.75
Raspberry Pi and other essentials
You'll need a Pi, SD card and PSU, if you don't have 'em already!
Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W – Pi Zero 2 W+ £14.25
Sensors, LEDs and encoders, oh my!
BME688 4-in-1 Air Quality Breakout (Gas, Temperature, Pressure, Humidity)+ £17.25
BME280 Breakout - Temperature, Pressure, Humidity Sensor+ £11.50
5x5 RGB Matrix Breakout+ £8.25
RGB Encoder Breakout+ £8.75
Hook a variety of breakouts up to your Pi with these!
JST-SH Cable (Qwiic, STEMMA QT, QW/ST) – Male to male (200mm)+ £1.25
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments