Sensirion Temperature/Humidity sensors are some of the finest & highest-accuracy devices you can get. And, finally we have some that have a true I2C interface for easy reading.
The SHT31-D sensor has an excellent ±2% relative humidity and ±0.3°C accuracy for most uses. We now use the version with a PTFE filter, it'll stay clean while still allowing humidity measurements to work
Unlike earlier SHT sensors, this sensor has a true I2C interface, and (bonus!) even with two address options. It also is 3V or 5V compliant, so you can power and communicate with it using just about any microcontroller or microcomputer.
To get you going fast, Adafruit spun up a custom made PCB with the SHT31-D and some supporting circuitry such as pullup resistors and capacitors, in the STEMMA QT form factor, making them easy to interface with. The STEMMA QT connectors on either side are compatible with the SparkFun Qwiic I2C connectors. This allows you to make solderless connections between your development board and the SHT31-D or to chain them with a wide range of other sensors and accessories using a compatible cable. QT Cable is not included, but we have a variety in the shop.
Each order comes with one fully assembled and tested PCB breakout and a small piece of header. You'll need to solder the header onto the PCB to use with a solderless breadboard. but it's fairly easy and takes only a few minutes even for a beginner.
- Uses I2C address 0x44 or 0x45
- 12.7mm x 18mm x 2.6mm / 0.5" x 0.7" x 0.1"
- Weight: 0.8g
- Datasheet, schematic, EagleCAD PCB files, and Fritzing available in the product tutorial
- As of June 6, 2017 we're using the version of the sensor with a PTFE filter.
- As of April 6, 2021 Adafruit have updated this sensor to be STEMMA QT compatible - that means there's now an easy way to plug-and-play this sensor without any soldering! The physical shape has changed a little, and the pinout has changed to the QT standard ordering.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier