Scroll Bot - Pi Zero WH Project Kitby Pimoroni
A robot friend to sit on your desk and scroll the news, weather, or your Twitter feed - Scroll Bot!
Updated version! Our Scroll Bot kit now includes a Raspberry Pi Zero WH and a brand spanking new Scroll HAT Mini - this means there's now absolutely no soldering required.
The Scroll Bot Kit* combines the Pi Zero WH with our Scroll HAT Mini board, and masquerades as a friendly orange robot, perfect for sitting on your desk or on a shelf. It's ideal for scrolling messages or for simple animations and, of course, it takes advantage of the built-in wireless LAN on the Pi Zero WH. It'll take around 30 minutes to assemble everything** (check out our assembly guide for details).
- Pi Zero WH with pre-soldered headers
- Scroll HAT Mini with 17x7 individually dimmable white LEDs
- Orange robot stand and diffuser
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable
- USB A (female) to micro B (male) adaptor
- Mini to full-size HDMI adaptor
- Sticker sheet (personalise your Scroll Bot!)
- Comes in a reusable kit box
*Just add your own micro-SD card!
Scroll Bot uses our Scroll HAT Mini board, a dense matrix of 17x7 (119 total) bright white LEDs. Each pixel's brightness can be controlled individually, meaning that it's possible to create stunning animations or even anti-aliased text. The LED matrix sits behind Scroll Bot's mouth, and the frosted orange acrylic diffuses the LEDs beautifully.
Use the built-in wireless LAN to make your Scroll Bot internet-connected and have him/her/them inform you of the latest news, weather, track hashtags or mentions on Twitter, or much, much more.
- 17x7 matrix of bright white pixels (119 total)
- Individual PWM brightness control of each pixel
- Uses the IS31FL3731 LED matrix driver chip
- 3-layer orange robot stand and diffuser
- Pi Zero WH with single core CPU and built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth
- Adaptor kit
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable (power your Pi from an existing charger or computer)
- Python library
Our handy one-line installer will install the Scroll pHAT HD Python library for you, which will also work with Scroll HAT Mini. We've included a bunch of examples too, to show off what you can do!
Note: that the default orientation for Scroll HAT Mini is upside-down if you're using it in a Scroll Bot. To flip it, simply add
scrollphathd.rotate(180) towards the top of your code, just below the import lines.
Assembled size of Scroll Bot is 125x85x67mm (WxHxD).
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier