Capture the world in 3D, with your Raspberry Pi.
A Time of Flight camera module featuring a MIPI-CSI 2 connection and offering up to 4-meter measuring range with sub-2cm precision, designed and optimized exclusively for Raspberry Pi & Nvidia Jetson boards.
Quick sum-up about the camera:
- Real-time point cloud and depth map.
- Resolution: 240×180@30fps on RPI4/CM4
- Up to 4M measuring distance
- Onboard 940nm laser for both indoor & outdoor uses, no external light source needed.
- V4L2-based video kernel device
- C/C++/Python SDK for userland depth map output and example source code
- ROS ready.
- 38 x 38mm board size
How ToF Works
ToF stands for “Time of Flight”. A ToF Camera emits modulated lights (CW method) and uses the time it takes for the said lights to be reflected back to measure the distance/depth info of any given object/scene, and you can obtain depth data (X,Y & Z coordinate position) in every pixel. Light travel is calculated with d=C/2f, where C is the speed of light and f is the modulation frequency.
|Specification||Arducam ToF Camera|
|Number of Effective Pixels||240×180|
|Max. Frame Rate
|Max. Depth Frame Rate
|Raspberry Pi OS||Bullseye (32-bit/64-bit)
01/28/22 or later releases
Power supply for Pi should be at least 5V/4A
|Supported Platforms||Pi 2/3/CM3/4B
Zero W/Zero 2 W/CM4
|Viewing Angle||70° Diagonal|
|Measurement Distance||Far Mode: 4m|
|Near Mode: 2m|
|Light Source||940nm VCSEL illuminator|
|Board Size||38mm x 38mm|
|Output Formats||4-phases RAW Frame,|
|Grayscale Amplitude Frame|
- Getting Started with Arducam ToF Camera
- Getting Started with Arducam ToF Camera (PDF)
- Arducam ToF Camera SDK
- Point Cloud With Arducam ToF Camera
- Getting Started with Nvidia Jetson
- Github – Arducam ToF
- 3D Model of ToF Camera
- 1 x Arducam ToF Camera Module
- 1 x FPC Cable (15cm)
- 1 x 2-pin DuPont Cable
*To use the camera on Pi Zero and 2 W, you will need an adaptor cable
Time of Flight Camera for Raspberry Pi
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments