You can build and code robots that move! This add-on kit adds robotic capabilities to Strawbees building projects and the micro:bit
This kit is to snap the micro:bit with physical Strawbees buildings and programming mechanical structures with servo motors. A way to create physical interaction with your next project!
Write in Microsoft MakeCode’s block-based programming platform, upload a program and remove from the computer to run on batteries.
What are Strawbees?
Strawbees is a construction set for you to build things that can stand, move, spin, glide, or even walk across the floor.
Strawbees is a construction set, which means it’s made to build things. It is as a material for people to express, test and share their ideas, developing the necessary skills to think creatively.
The 4 color-coded connectors have respectively 1, 2, 3 and 5 legs. You can fit straws on their legs, slide a straw through the hole or click a leg on a hole. Colour-coded straws are carefully measured and resistant enough to endure daily use.
- Make physical and mechanical inventions with Micro:bit.
- Physical Computing – extend programming to the physical world beyond the computer screen with creating interactive projects with the Strawbees building system.
- Electronic Building Set – all electronics easily connect to Strawbees connectors and straws.
- All materials are custom-made, durable, and reusable – finish building, disassemble, and begin a new project.
- Strawbees Robotics board for the micro:bit × 1
- Strawbees micro:bit clip × 1
- Servo motor 120 (SM-S2309S) × 1
- Servo motor mounts × 2
- Servo motor arms × 3
- Screws for servo mounts and arms × 3
- Mini screwdriver × 1
- Servo extension cable × 1
- Free access to lesson plans at Strawbees Learning
- Free access to the official Strawbees MakeCode extension
This kit alone does not include Strawbees connectors or straws.
Program with MakeCode
Strawbees designed their own official MakeCode extension to make it easy to program the micro:bit with Strawbees.
To install it, search for “strawbees” in the extensions section of the code editor.
- Build a robotic crane - Use the Robotic Inventions for micro:bit to automate the mechanical movements of a crane.
- Make a Friendbot with BBC micro:bit - Make a robotic companion to react and express when meeting friends.
- Create a light sensing plant - Create an animated potted plant responding to light.
- View more learning material
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things - grab it while you can!
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier