Practice storytelling and problem-solving with the Imagination Kit. Pick a challenge, sketch your idea in the imagination sketchbook then build your solution to complete the story.
Create an amusement park, shears for sheep, a sports arena, a pollution-fighting device. Discover these and more with 100+ challenges in the card deck!
What are Strawbees?
Strawbees is a construction set for you to build things that can stand, move, spin, glide, or even walk across the floor.
Strawbees is a construction set, which means it’s made to build things. It is as a material for people to express, test and share their ideas, developing the necessary skills to think creatively.
The 4 color-coded connectors have respectively 1, 2, 3 and 5 legs. You can fit straws on their legs, slide a straw through the hole or click a leg on a hole. Colour-coded straws are carefully measured and resistant enough to endure daily use.
No additional parts are required. You can build structures, mechanical contraptions, and robotic mechanisms all with these 4 connectors.
- Different Ways to Create – sketch, write, or build your ideas.
- Two Levels – two card decks, two types of challenges for different levels of engagement.
- 100+ Challenges, Endless Solutions – no instructions opens up to developing problem-solving skills.
- Creative Thinking skills – see a problem from a new perspective and find new ways to solve a challenge by making multiple solutions.
- All materials are custom-made, durable, and reusable – finish building, disassemble, and begin a new project.
- Building straws – 208mm Bendable Green × 50
- Building straws – 240mm Yellow × 50
- Building straws – 240mm Blue × 50
- Connectors – 1-leg White × 130
- Connectors – 2-leg White × 64
- Connectors – 3-leg White × 32
- Connectors – 5-leg White × 24
- Pocketful of Ideas Card Deck × 1
- Activity booklet × 1
- Free access to lesson plans at Strawbees Learning
- Build the Platonic Solids - Build the shapes that have intrigued philosophers, mathematicians and scientists for centuries.
- Build a Mechanical Crane - Build an operational crane with a four-bar linkage and control it with your hands.
- Build a Mechanical Claw - Make a 3 finger claw to grab objects from any direction moving a single straw.
- View more learning material
Last chance to buy
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things - grab it while you can!
Strawbees Imagination Kit
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments