Integrate your MicroMod project into an Ethernet network including Power-over-Ethernet with the SparkFun MicroMod Ethernet Function Board.
This specialized Function Board uses the W5500 Ethernet control module from WIZnet and a DC/DC converter to configure a MicroMod assembly as a connected and powered device into an Ethernet network with a Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) system.
The W5500 Ethernet Controller from WIZnet is a TCP/IP embedded Ethernet controller that uses SPI communication protocol to allow up to eight independent sockets to operate simultaneously. The W5500 SPI interface operates at up to 80MHz and supports fast SPI for high speed Ethernet communication. The chip also includes a Wake on Lan (WOL) operation and power down mode to help conserve power.
The board uses a Ag9900m Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) DC/DC converter module to power MicroMod assemblies from a PoE source such as a router or network switch. The DC/DC converter supplies 9 Watts @5V to connected devices. This Function Board configures the PoE supply voltage to the IEEE802.3af Alternate B power scheme. This power scheme uses the spare pairs in the Ethernet cable (4,5 and 7,8) for positive and negative DC voltage, isolating power delivery from the data lines.
With the MicroMod standardization, users no longer need to cross-reference schematics with datasheets, while fumbling around with jumper wires. Simply, match up the function board's M.2 edge connector to the slot of the M.2 connector on the main board and secure the function board with screws.
Note: A MicroMod Processor, Main Board, and Ethernet accessories are not included with this MicroMod Ethernet Function Board. These parts will need to be purchased separately.
MicroMod is a modular interface ecosystem that connects a microcontroller “processor board” to various “carrier board” peripherals. Utilizing the M.2 standard, the MicroMod standard is designed to easily swap out processors on the fly. Pair a specialized carrier board for the project you need with your choice of compatible processor!
- WIZnet W5500 Ethernet Controller
- Hardwared TCP/IP embedded controller
- Supports TCP, UDP, IPv4, ICMP, ARP, IGMP and PPPoE protocols
- 32KB internal memory
- High Speed SPI support (80MHz clock speeds)
- Power conservation with Wake on LAN (over UDP) and Power Down modes
- Ag9900M Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) DC/DC converter
- Input Voltage Range: 36V to 57V
- Output Voltage: 5V
- 9 Watts Power
- IEEE802.3af compliant
- Configured for Alternate B (power on spare pair) power scheme
- RJ45 Connector with 10/100 Base-T Integrated Magnetics for PoE Applications
- Status LEDs for Ethernet Link and Activity
- Eagle Files
- Board Dimensions
- Hookup Guide
- W5500 Datasheet
- Ag9900M Datasheet
- RJ45 Connector Datasheet
- GitHub Hardware Repo
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier