Leveraging the ultra powerful Artemis Module, the SparkFun MicroMod Artemis Processor is the brain board of your dreams.
With a Cortex-M4F with BLE 5.0 running up to 96MHz and with as low power as 6uA per MHz (less than 5mW), the M.2 MicroMod connector allows you to plug in a MicroMod Carrier Board with any number of peripherals.
Let's have a look at what this processor board has to offer! If you need Machine Learning capabilities, Bluetooth, I2C functionality to connect to all our amazing Qwiic boards, and more the Artemis Processor is the perfect choice for your MicroMod Carrier Board.
At the heart of SparkFun's Artemis Module is Ambiq Micro's Apollo3 processor, whose ultra-efficient ARM Cortex-M4F processor is spec’d to run TensorFlow Lite using only 6uA/MHz. We've routed two I2C buses, eight GPIO, dedicated digital, analog, and PWM pins, multiple SPI as well as QuadSPI, and Bluetooth to boot. You really can't go wrong with this processor. Grab one today, pick up a compatible carrier board, and get hacking!
MicroMod is a modular interface ecosystem that connects a microcontroller “processor board” to various “carrier board” peripherals. Utilizing the M.2 standard, the MicroMod standard is designed to easily swap out processors on the fly. Pair a specialized carrier board for the project you need with your choice of compatible processor!
Artemis General Features:
- 1M Flash / 384k RAM
- 48MHz / 96MHz turbo available
- 6uA/MHz (operates less than 5mW at full operation)
- 48 GPIO - all interrupt capable
- 31 PWM channels
- Built in BLE radio and antenna
- 10 ADC channels with 14-bit precision with up to 2.67 million samples per second effective continuous, multi-slot sampling rate
- 2 channel differential ADC
- 2 UARTs
- 6 I2C buses
- 6 SPI buses
- 2/4/8-bit SPI bus
- PDM interface
- I2S Interface
- Secure 'Smart Card' interface
- FCC/IC/CE Certified (ID Number 2ASW8-ART3MIS)
Specific Peripherals made available on MicroMod Artemis:
- 1x USB dedicated for programming and debug
- 1x UART with flow control
- 2x I2C
- 1x SPI
- 1x Quad-SPI
- 8x Fast GPIO
- 2x Digital Pins
- 2x Analog Pins
- 2x PWM
- 1x Differential ADC pair
- Status LED
- VIN Level ADC
Additional peripherals are available but are shared on dedicated MicroMod pins.
MicroMod Artemis Processor Documentation:
- SparkFun MicroMod Interface v1.0 - Pinout
- SparkFun MicroMod Interface v1.0 - Pin Descriptions
- Getting Started with MicroMod
- Designing with MicroMod
- MicroMod Info Page
- MicroMod Forums
- SparkFun Eagle Libraries contains example footprints for the M.2 connector and SMD standoff
- M.2 MicroMod Connector Datasheet
- MicroMod Reflowable Standoff Datasheet