SparkFun MicroMod Alorium Sno M2 Processorby Sparkfun
The SparkFun MicroMod Alorium Sno M2 Processor features the Snō System on Module (SoM) adapted to the MicroMod M.2 processor form factor.
Snō's FPGA provides a reconfigurable hardware platform that hosts an 8-bit AVR instruction set, compatible with the ATmega328, making Snō fully compatible with the Arduino IDE. Snō SoM has a compact footprint, making it ideal for space-constrained applications and an obvious addition to our MicroMod form factor for prototyping.
Alorium Technology provides a library of custom logic called Xcelerator Blocks (XBs) through the Arduino IDE that accelerates specific functionalities that are slow, problematic, or even impossible for an 8-bit microcontroller. This library includes XBs such as Servo Control, Quadrature, Floating Point Math, NeoPixel, and Enhanced Analog-to-Digital Converter. Alorium also notes a XB roadmap where future XBs will be implemented based on feedback from early adopters and new potential customers.
For advanced users, there is a JTAG footprint on the board allowing a JTAG programmer to talk to the FPGA directly. The microcontroller core has been designed to be easily extendable, and Alorium Technology has developed a support model for users who want to create their own XBs and interface to the on-chip microcontroller.
MicroMod is a modular interface ecosystem that connects a microcontroller “processor board” to various “carrier board” peripherals. Utilizing the M.2 standard, the MicroMod standard is designed to easily swap out processors on the fly. Pair a specialized carrier board for the project you need with your choice of compatible processor!
GET STARTED WITH THE MICROMOD ALORIUM SNO M2 PROCESSOR GUIDE
Alorium Sno Processor General Features:
- Intel® MAX® 10 FPGA (16K LEs)
- Programmable with Arduino IDE
- Embedded 8-bit AVR instruction set compatible microcontroller (ATmega328 compatible)
- Configurable with custom Xcelerator Blocks (XBs) on the FPGA
- Programming interface: USB Serial
- Operating voltage: 3.3V
- Clock Speed 16/32MHz
- 32 Dedicated Digital Pins
- 6 Shared Digital with Analog Pins
- 3.3V Inputs
- 3.3V Outputs
- 6 Analog Pins
- 3.3V Analog Reference
- ADC Performance: 1MHz
- Resolution: 12-bit sustained
- Sample Rate: 254k samples/second
- Program FLASH 32KB
- Data memory SRAM: 2KB
Specific Peripherals available on MicroMod Alorium Sno M2 Processor:
- JTAG footprint for direct FPGA programming
- M.2 keyed interface for integration with SparkFun MicroMod carrier boards
MicroMod Alorium Sno Processor Documentation:
- SparkFun MicroMod Interface v1.0 - Pinout
- SparkFun MicroMod Interface v1.0 - Pin Descriptions
- Getting Started with MicroMod
- Designing with MicroMod
- MicroMod Info Page
- MicroMod Forums
- SparkFun Eagle Libraries contains example footprints for the M.2 connector and SMD standoff
- M.2 MicroMod Connector Datasheet
- MicroMod Reflowable Standoff Datasheet
Alorium Sno Documentation:
SparkFun MicroMod Alorium Sno M2 Processor
DEV-18030Out of stock £50.00
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 48,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments