The SparkFun MicroMod Alorium Sno M2 Processor features the Snō System on Module (SoM) adapted to the MicroMod M.2 processor form factor.
Snō's FPGA provides a reconfigurable hardware platform that hosts an 8-bit AVR instruction set, compatible with the ATmega328, making Snō fully compatible with the Arduino IDE. Snō SoM has a compact footprint, making it ideal for space-constrained applications and an obvious addition to our MicroMod form factor for prototyping.
Alorium Technology provides a library of custom logic called Xcelerator Blocks (XBs) through the Arduino IDE that accelerates specific functionalities that are slow, problematic, or even impossible for an 8-bit microcontroller. This library includes XBs such as Servo Control, Quadrature, Floating Point Math, NeoPixel, and Enhanced Analog-to-Digital Converter. Alorium also notes a XB roadmap where future XBs will be implemented based on feedback from early adopters and new potential customers.
For advanced users, there is a JTAG footprint on the board allowing a JTAG programmer to talk to the FPGA directly. The microcontroller core has been designed to be easily extendable, and Alorium Technology has developed a support model for users who want to create their own XBs and interface to the on-chip microcontroller.
MicroMod is a modular interface ecosystem that connects a microcontroller “processor board” to various “carrier board” peripherals. Utilizing the M.2 standard, the MicroMod standard is designed to easily swap out processors on the fly. Pair a specialized carrier board for the project you need with your choice of compatible processor!
Alorium Sno Processor General Features:
- Intel® MAX® 10 FPGA (16K LEs)
- Programmable with Arduino IDE
- Embedded 8-bit AVR instruction set compatible microcontroller (ATmega328 compatible)
- Configurable with custom Xcelerator Blocks (XBs) on the FPGA
- Programming interface: USB Serial
- Operating voltage: 3.3V
- Clock Speed 16/32MHz
- 32 Dedicated Digital Pins
- 6 Shared Digital with Analog Pins
- 3.3V Inputs
- 3.3V Outputs
- 6 Analog Pins
- 3.3V Analog Reference
- ADC Performance: 1MHz
- Resolution: 12-bit sustained
- Sample Rate: 254k samples/second
- Program FLASH 32KB
- Data memory SRAM: 2KB
Specific Peripherals available on MicroMod Alorium Sno M2 Processor:
- JTAG footprint for direct FPGA programming
- M.2 keyed interface for integration with SparkFun MicroMod carrier boards
MicroMod Alorium Sno Processor Documentation:
- SparkFun MicroMod Interface v1.0 - Pinout
- SparkFun MicroMod Interface v1.0 - Pin Descriptions
- Getting Started with MicroMod
- Designing with MicroMod
- MicroMod Info Page
- MicroMod Forums
- SparkFun Eagle Libraries contains example footprints for the M.2 connector and SMD standoff
- M.2 MicroMod Connector Datasheet
- MicroMod Reflowable Standoff Datasheet
Alorium Sno Documentation:
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier