The SparkFun gator:microphone is a micro:bit Accessory Board that integrates an electret microphone into SparkFun's gator:bit series of gator-clippable accessories, enabling it to be easily interfaced with the micro:bit or other microcontrollers!
It provides a binary indication of the presence of sound and an analog representation of its amplitude.
The gator:microphone consists of four pads for power and data. There is also a switch on the board to select different audio amplification levels. Additionally, it includes an LMV324 operational amplifier (op-amp) for processing the audio signals from the microphone. The specified operating voltage for the VEML6070 is between 2.7V-5.5V. For use with the gator:bit (v2) and micro:bit, you should provide 3.3V through the 3V3 and GND pads to keep the logic levels consistent.
- gator:bit Compatible
- Operating Voltage (VDD): 2.0V-5.5V
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to 125°C
- Operation Modes: Single-Shot, Continuous-Conversion (Default), and Duty Cycling
- Analog Inputs:
- Measurement Type: Single-Ended (Default)
- Input Voltage Range: GND to VDD
- Full Scale Range (FSR): ±.256V to ±6.114V (Default: 2.048V)
- 12-bit (Differential) or 11-bit (Single-Ended)
- LSB size: 0.125mV - 3mV (Default: 1 mV)
- Sample Rate: 128 Hz to 3.3 kHz (Default: 1600SPS)
- Current Consumption (Typical): 150μA-200μA
- I2C Address: 0x48
- Electret Microphone
- Operating Voltage: 1.5V (Max 10V)
- Supply Current: 0.3mA (Max)
- Directivity: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response: 20-16,000Hz
- LMV324 Op-amp
- Operating Voltage: 2.7V-5.5V
- Supply Current: ~300-720µA