The SparkFun 5V Buck Regulator Breakout features the AP63357 from Diodes Inc., a 3.5A synchronous buck converter with a wide input voltage range of 3.8V to 32V.
The fully integrated 74mΩ high-side power MOSFET/40mΩ low-side power MOSFET provides a high-efficiency step-down DC/DC conversion.
This full-size, 1in. x 1in. version of the buck regulator board is configured to provide a regulated 5V output (from a 6 to 32V input voltage range) and features a high-voltage
EN (enable) control pin that is rated up to 32V. On the back of the board, a small copper pad is available to dissipate excess heat with a heat sink.
As a full-size buck regulator breakout, additional options for connecting input and output power. There is a pre-assembled screw terminal for a non-permanent connection, the option to solder on a barrel jack for an external power supply, and five PTH pins to create a more permanent installation. This full-size buck regulator also comes with a red, power indication LED that light up when the power output is enabled and two mounting holes compatible with 4-40 hardware.
Check out the SparkFun BabyBuck Regulator Breakout - 5V (AP63357), for the smaller minimalistic versions of this buck regulator.
Note: While the AP63357 is rated up to a 3.5A output, users should expect a 3A maximum with our boards due to thermal constraints. The boards can output 3.5A but would require a sufficient amount of active cooling.
- 1in. x 1in. PCB layout
- Three power input/output options:
- Pre-assembled 4-pin screw terminal
- Five 0.1in. spaced PTH pins
- Three plated slots for a DC barrel jack (input only)
- Power connections:
VIN- Power In (6V to 32V)
GND- Common Ground
VOUT- Power Out (Regulated 5V)
EN- Enable (Pull high to enable the power output)
- Red, power LED indicator
- 0.5in. x 0.6in. Plated copper pad (for heat sinks)
- VIN 3.8V to 32V
- 3.5A Continuous Output Current
- 0.8V ± 1% Reference Voltage
- 22µA Low Quiescent Current (Pulse Frequency Modulation)
- 450kHz Switching Frequency
- Supports Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM)
- Up to 86% Efficiency at 5mA Light Load
- Proprietary Gate Driver Design for Best EMI Reduction
- Frequency Spread Spectrum (FSS) to Reduce EMI
- Low-Dropout (LDO) Mode
- Power Good Indicator with 5MΩ Internal Pull-up
- Precision Enable Threshold to Adjust UVLO
- Protection Circuitry
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Output Undervoltage Protection (UVP)
- Cycle-by-Cycle Peak Current Limit
- Thermal Shutdown
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Sparkfun - check out their website!