Automate your own adorable, IoT-enabled papier-mâché house. The small size of this build lets us explore wiring, user interaction, and firmware deployment without having to get a ladder out.
After building this project, you can re-purpose this project for your home or apartment. Adafruit specifically selected components and sensors which are common in real-world IoT projects. You can also go further with this project, adding sensors to monitor different rooms in your house.
Unlike most other IoT platforms, Digi-Key IoT Studio is code-less - all sensor interaction and storage is done automatically by the drag-and-drop IDE. You do not need to install toolchains, code editors or compile any code on your computer! Digi-Key Studio runs in your web browser, handles all aspects of developing an Internet-of-Things project, and even compiles your code remotely.
This high-level integration is possible because IoT Studio has built in support for a range of transport boards, and sensors. Note that not all boards and devices are supported - lucky for us, there are plenty of Adafruit products supported, including some series favorites: the ESP32 Feather and the Analog Devices FeatherWing.
However, instead of just a simple temperature sensor data logger, we’ll make a complete home automation system that you can follow along by picking up this IoT Studio Kit.
- 1 x Assembled Adafruit HUZZAH32 – ESP32 Feather Board with Stacking Headers
- 1 x Adafruit ADXL343 + ADT7410 Sensor FeatherWing
- 1 x Adafruit Non-Latching Mini Relay FeatherWing
- 1 x Adafruit Quad 2x2 FeatherWing Kit with Headers
- 1 x Adafruit BME680 - Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Gas Sensor
- 1 x Adafruit LED Sequins - Ruby Red - Pack of 5
- 1 x CD DVD Spindle Motor
- 1 x 3-Bladed Trifoil Propeller Fan for DC Motor
- 1 x Magnetic Contact Switch (Door Sensor)
- 1 x USB cable - USB A to Micro-B - 3 foot long
- 3 x JST-PH Battery Extension Cable - 500mm
- 1 x Buzzer 5V - Breadboard friendly
- 1 x Papier-mâché House
- 1 x Popstick
Soldering is required to attach headers and wires! You will need some basic hand tools like wire cutters, heat shrink, and soldering iron to build the smart home
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier