Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera is an upgraded 12 megapixel, high sensitivity camera for Raspberry Pi with aluminium M12 lens mounting hardware.
Note: A M12/S-mount lens is essential but not included! Click here for compatible M12 lenses.
It offers higher resolution (12 megapixels instead of 8 megapixels) and improved low-light performance (approximately 50% greater area per pixel) compared to the existing Camera Module v2. This version is designed to work natively with a variety of M12/S-mount lenses (commonly used in industry) and also includes an integrated tripod mount.
The HQ camera is great for projects where you want to see all the details (such as security cameras), or for ones where you want to use specialist lenses (such as wildlife or sky photography!) It's compatible with all Raspberry Pi computers*.
|Sensor:||Sony IMX477R stacked, back-illuminated sensor
7.9 mm sensor diagonal
1.55 μm × 1.55 μm pixel size
|Back focus:||Adjustable (12.5 mm–22.4 mm)|
|Lens standards:||M12 mount
Other form factor lenses can be used with a third party adaptor
|IR cut filter:||Integrated (can be removed to enable IR sensitivity, though this is irreversible)|
|Ribbon cable length:||200 mm*|
* The included cable won't fit the smaller camera port on a Pi Zero, though our Pi Zero camera cable will!
- Before connecting the camera, shut down your Raspberry Pi computer and disconnect it from external power.
- If the cable becomes detached, pull the locking mechanism forward on the connector, insert the ribbon cable ensuring the metal contacts face towards the circuit board, then push the locking mechanism back into place.
Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera – M12 Mount
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Approved Raspberry Pi Reseller
- Secure website and payments