The Kitronik :MOVE mini MK 2 buggy robot kit for the BBC micro:bit is the latest version of the ever popular :MOVE mini that provides a fun introduction to robotics.
The :MOVE mini is a 2 wheeled robot that is suitable for autonomous operation, remote control projects via a Bluetooth application or being controlled using a second BBC microbit as a controller via the microbits radio functionality.
The MK2 features a brand new set of Kitronik injection moulded wheels with 0-ring rubber tyres. The wheels maintain the large size, relative to the chassis, and add improved traction for better performance than the original buggies laser cut wheels. MK2 goes where V1.0 could not!
The Kitronik :MOVE mini is powered by two continuous rotation servo motors. The speed of these servos can be controlled by simply altering the PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) signal to the servo, which is easy to do using the Servo blocks in the Microsoft PXT Block editor. Kitronik have also produced custom blocks for the Servo:Lite to make the task of coding as quick and painless as possible, see the resources section at the foot of this page for more information.
The buggy also has 5 x RGB individually addressable ZIP LEDs (NeoPixel compatible), which can be used as indicators, reverse lights etc...
It is possible to add a pen or other extra parts to the kit to increase the range of tasks for which it can be used. The BBC micro:bit is sold separately and the kit requires simple assembly, buy the microbit here.
The included Kitronik :MOVE servo:lite board can also be used in conjunction with a BBC micro:bit to build other movement based projects. Kitronik have produced a wide range of tutorials and guides that can be found in the resources section below.
- It requires mechanical assembly.
- This kit does not come with a microbit, you can buy the microbit here.
- The kit offers a fun introduction to the world of DIY robotics.
- Add code for autonomous operation.
- Use in conjunction with the free micro:bit Android App and control it over Bluetooth.
- Use the radio function and a second microbit as a controller.
- Attach a pen and code the robot to draw shapes.
- The buggy features new and improved injection moulded wheels with rubber 0-ring tyres.
- Compatible with micro:bit v1 and v2!
- 1 x Set of chassis parts.
- 2 x Micro 360 degree continuous rotation Servos with accessories.
- 1 x Servo:Lite board.
- 2 x Counter sunk M3 6mm screw.
- 5 x Counter sunk M3 8mm screw.
- 6 x M2 Rec Pan Steel screw.
- 6 x M2 Hex Full Width Nut.
- 3 x AAA Batteries.
- 1 x Pair of ABS White Wheels.
- Length: 95mm.
- Width: 85mm.
- Height: 85mm.
- Build Instructions.
- Servo:Lite board Datasheet.
- WS2812B Datasheet.
- Coding and usage guides:
- Guide For Kitronik Custom PXT Editor Servo Blocks.
- Getting Started With The Servo:Lite board.
- Guide For Controlling 3 Servos With The Servo:Lite board.
- Guide For Using Kitronik ZIP LEDs With The BBC microbit.
- Guide for Controlling :MOVE mini With The microbit Radio.
- Guide For Adding Bluetooth Remote Control To :MOVE mini.
- Guide For Drawing With The :MOVE mini For The microbit.
- Guide For Coding Automatic Headlights For :MOVE mini.
- Guide For Coding Indicators For :MOVE mini.
:MOVE mini MK2 buggy kit
:MOVE mini Bumper Add on V2+ £1.75
Line Following add-on for :MOVE mini V2+ £12.00
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments