This HAT adds a second micro SD socket to your Raspberry Pi.
Being able to plug in a second micro SD card opens up a variety of interesting possibilities, such as:
- A micro SD card reader! Write new images, repair or modify existing Raspberry Pi installations with ease.
- Additional storage - mount as your home directory, for general storage or backups.
- RAID1 on the root (/) partition for added reliability.
- Connector for Controller Serial Console using our USB Serial Adaptor.
Please note: MMC HAT is only supported on Raspberry Pi OS at present
- Raspberry Pi A+
- Raspberry PI B+
- Raspberry Pi Zero & Zero W1 (with headers)
- Raspberry 2B
- Raspberry Pi 3B1 & 3B+1
- Raspberry Pi 4B
1When used on a Raspberry Pi Zero W, 3B or 3B+ the on-board WiFi is disabled as it is on the SDIO interface used by the MMC HAT
The Raspberry Pi 4 has three SD controllers so you can use onboard SD, WiFi and the MMC HAT (SD) at the same time on the Pi4!
When using a Raspberry Pi 4 please add the following three lines to the TOP of the config.txt file in the boot directory.
With the standard SD clock speed a micro SD card in the MMC HAT (/dev/mmcblk2) performs at similar speeds to the onboard micro SD card (/dev/mmcblk0).
- 1 x MMC HAT
- 4 x 12mm M2.5 standoff
- 8 x 6mm M2.5 screw
- 4 x stick on foot
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at 8086 - check out their website!
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments