This HAT adds a second micro SD socket to your Raspberry Pi.
Being able to plug in a second micro SD card opens up a variety of interesting possibilities, such as:
- A micro SD card reader! Write new images, repair or modify existing Raspberry Pi installations with ease.
- Additional storage - mount as your home directory, for general storage or backups.
- RAID1 on the root (/) partition for added reliability.
- Connector for Controller Serial Console using our USB Serial Adaptor.
- Raspberry Pi A+
- Raspberry PI B+
- Raspberry Pi Zero & Zero W1 (with headers)
- Raspberry 2B
- Raspberry Pi 3B1 & 3B+1
- Raspberry Pi 4B
1When used on a Raspberry Pi Zero W, 3B or 3B+ the on-board WiFi is disabled as it is on the SDIO interface used by the MMC HAT
The Raspberry Pi 4 has three SD controllers so you can use onboard SD, WiFi and the MMC HAT (SD) at the same time on the Pi4!
When using a Raspberry Pi 4 please add the following three lines to the TOP of the config.txt file in the boot directory.
With the standard SD clock speed a micro SD card in the MMC HAT (/dev/mmcblk2) performs at similar speeds to the onboard micro SD card (/dev/mmcblk0).
- 1 x MMC HAT
- 4 x 12mm M2.5 standoff
- 8 x 6mm M2.5 screw
- 4 x stick on foot