This pocket guide is the perfect on-the-job companion to Git, the distributed version control system. It provides a compact, readable introduction to Git for new users, as well as a reference to common commands and procedures for those of you with Git experience.
Written for Git version 1.8.2, this handy task-oriented guide is organized around the basic version control functions you need, such as making commits, fixing mistakes, merging, and searching history.
- Examine the state of your project at earlier points in time
- Learn the basics of creating and making changes to a repository
- Create branches so many people can work on a project simultaneously
- Merge branches and reconcile the changes among them
- Clone an existing repository and share changes with push/pull commands
- Examine and change your repository’s commit history
- Access remote repositories, using different network protocols
- Get recipes for accomplishing a variety of common tasks
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Wiley - check out their website!
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments