An ESP-WROOM-32E-based dual-core microcontroller board with lipo battery charging and ultra low power consumption, especially designed for IoT and perfect for wirelessly adding sensors to home automation networks.
The new ESP32-E FireBeetle supports WiFi and Bluetooth dual-mode communication, has ultra low power consumption and even includes an on-board charging circuit so you can power it with a lipo battery (and charge it over USB-C). It's easily programmable via Arduino IDE, and ideal for smart home IoT, industrial IoT applications, wearable devices, and so on. You can easily create your own IoT smart home system when connecting it with an IoT platform like IFTTT or Home Assistant.
FireBeetle ESP32-E supports Arduino programming and will support Scratch graphical programming and MicroPython programming very soon, with detailed online tutorials and application cases. The castellated design makes it possible to embed on another PCB, saving costs and time for building prototypes.
What's the difference between FireBeetle ESP32-E and FireBeetle ESP32?
- ESP32-E uses a data encryption chip to protect program security
- ESP32-E is equipped with a DFRobot GDI (General Display Interface) to connect screens like DFR0664/DFR0649/DFR0665/DFR0669
- Software are ecologically compatible with both ESP32 and ESP32-E, except for minor changes in pin mapping
- ESP32-E cannot use an expansion board for ESP32 V4.0
|Power Supply Interface||Micro USB||USB-C|
|USB to UART||CH340C||CH340K|
|Operating Voltage (V)||3.3V||3.3V|
|Mount Hole Size (mm)||3.5||2|
|Weight (g)||24 g||23g|
Espressif has recently released one wafer-level change on ESP32 Series of products: ESP32-E. Below are the main design changes in ESP32-E Series of chips:
- PSRAM Cache Bug Fix: Fixed “When the CPU accesses the external SRAM in a certain sequence, read & write errors can occur”.
- Fixed “When each CPU reads certain different address spaces simultaneously, a read error can occur.”
- Optimized 32.768 KHz crystal oscillator stability, the issue was reported by client that there is a low probability that under ESP32-D hardware, the 32.768 KHz crystal oscillator couldn’t start properly.
- Fixed Fault injection issues regarding secure boot and flash encryption are fixed.
- Improvement: Changed the minimum baud rate supported by the CAN module from 25 kHz to 12.5 kHz.
- ESP32 Dual-core low power maincontroller, 10uA power consumption
- WiFi+Bluetooth 4.0 Dual-mode Module
- GDI Display Port, easy to connect
- Onboard Charging Circuit and PH2.0 lithium Battery Interface
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- Input Voltage: 3.3V~5.5V
- Support Low-Power: 10uA
- Max Discharge Current: 600mA@3.3V LDO
- Max Charge Current: 500mA
- Support USB Charging
- Processor: Tensilica LX6 dual-core processor (One for high-speed connection; one for independent application development)
- Main Frequency: 240MHz
- SRAM: 520KB
- Flash: 32Mbit
- Wi-Fi Standard: FCC/CE/TELEC/KCC
- Wi-Fi Protocol: 802.11 b/g/n/d/e/i/k/r (802.11n，speed up to 150 Mbps), A-MPDU and A-MSDU Aggregation, support 0.4us guard interval)
- Frequency Range: 2.4~2.5 GHz
- Bluetooth Protocol: Bluetooth v4.2 BR/EDR and BLE standard compliant
- Bluetooth Audio: CVSD and SBC audio
- Operating Current: 80mA（Average）
- Support Arduino download with one-key
- On-chip Clock: 40MHz crystal, 32.768KHz crystal
- Digital I/O x10（Arduino default）
- Analog Input x5（Arduino default）
- SPI x1（Arduino Default）
- IIC x1（Arduino Default）
- I2S x1（Arduino Default）
- RGB_LED: 5/D8
- Connector: FireBeetle V2 series compatible
- Operating Temperature: -40℃~+85℃
- Module Size: 25.4×60mm/1×2.36”
- Mount Hole Size: inner diameter of 2.0mm
- FireBeetle Board ESP32-E x1
- 18pin-2.54mm Pitch Pin x1
- 18pin-2.54mm Pitch Pin Female x1
- 14pin-2.54mm Pitch Pin x1
- 14pin-2.54mm Pitch Pin Female x1
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier