This affordable, ready-assembled robotics controller board is ready to accept your micro:bit, battery power (6 to 10V) and motors of your choice to make your own DIY robot.
Use a small box, ice-cream carton or similar to house everything and you can build a really affordable robot for your school, coding club or home.
Drive:Bit uses the ever popular DRV8833 motor driver which allows you to use most small motors that operate in the 6V - 9V range.
The Drive:Bit includes a power switch, indicator LED and features a single FireLed for status indication. All the useful micro:bit pins are brought out to pads along the top of the board, with P0, P1, P2 and P8 being made available with 3-pin GVS (Ground, Voltage, Signal) headers, making it easy to connect to 3V sensors and even small micro servos
The motor and power connections can be made through the 2-pin screw terminals OR by using the 2-pin male headers behind each terminal
More details on this blog
Search for "DriveBit" in Microsoft Makecode for the special extension that makes this really easy to use.
- Dimensions: 65 x 30.5 mm (same size and mounting holes as a Raspberry Pi Zero)
- Input voltage: 6V to 10V max with reverse polarity protection
- Output Current: 1A per channel maximum
- Status LED: FireLed on pin 16
- 2 Motors: Pins 12/13 (Motor 1) and Pins 14/15 (Motor 2)
- 3.3V Regulator 0.5A
- Power from micro:bit does not power the Drive:Bit. Drive:Bit is only powered from its power input
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at 4tronix - check out their website!
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments