The TCS230 senses colour light with the help of an 8 x 8 array of photodiodes.
Then using a Current-to-Frequency Converter the readings from the photodiodes are converted into a square wave with a frequency directly proportional to the light intensity. Finally, using the Arduino Board we can read the square wave output and get the results for the colour.
- high resolution conversion of light intensity to frequency
- programmable colour and full scale output frequency
- communicates directly with a microcontroller
- single supply operation (2.7 V to 5.5 V)
- power down feature
- non-linearity error typically 0.2% at 50 kHz
- stable 200 ppm/°C temperature coefficient
- S0-S1: output frequency scaling selection inputs
- S2-S3: photodiode type selection inputs
- out pin: output frequency
- OE pin: output frequency enable pin (active low), can be impending when using
We no longer stock this product
It's sad to say goodbye but sometimes we have to retire products to make way for new things.
You may still be able to buy this product directly from our friends at Velleman - check out their website!