This is a great battery-backed real time clock (RTC) that allows your microcontroller project to keep track of time even if it is reprogrammed, or if the power is lost.
Perfect for datalogging, clock-building, time stamping, timers and alarms, etc. Equipped with PCF8523 RTC - it can run from 3.3V or 5V power & logic!
Works great with an Arduino using this RTC library, with CircuitPython or with a Raspberry Pi (or similar single board linux computer)
- PCB & header are included
- Plugs into any breadboard, or you can use wires
- Two mounting holes
- Will keep time for 5 years or more
Note: This product does not come with a CR1220 coin cell battery. We recommend you purchase a coin cell battery to use with this product.
The PCF8523 is simple and inexpensive but not a high precision device. It may lose or gain up to 2 seconds a day. For a high-precision, temperature compensated alternative, please check out the DS3231 precision RTC.
- As of March 25, 2022, this board now may come with a PCB version that has HVSON or SOIC-8 chip package depending on what chip is available in the market. Both are identical functionality!
- As of Aug 30, 2017 we have updated the design to have an RC filter on the power supply to reduce accidental resetting if power drops too fast!
- Mounting holes are 2.2mm (0.086in) diameter, 25mm (0.98in) apart
- This board/chip uses I2C 7-bit address 0x68
Product Dimensions: 25.5mm x 21.7mm x 4.8mm / 1.0" x 0.9" x 0.2"
Product Weight: 1.2g / 0.0oz
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier