QT Py boards are a great way to make very small microcontroller projects that pack a ton of power - and now we have a way for you to quickly add a glittering grid of 25 RGB addressable micro NeoPixels.
It's an excellent way to make tiny wearable, cosplay, or IoT projects with dazzling LEDs.
It's called the Adafruit 5x5 NeoPixel Grid BFF - a "Best Friend Forever". When you were a kid you may have learned about the "buddy" system, well this product is kinda like that! A board that will watch your QT Py's back and act like a technicolor raincoat.
This PCB is designed to fit onto the back of any QT Py or Xiao board, it can be soldered into place or use pin and socket headers to make it removable. Onboard is a grid of 25 1.5x1.5mm NeoPixel LEDs (SK6805 to be exact), connected to pin A3 by default. You can cut/solder some jumpers to select A1, or A2 instead if you like. There's also solder pads for 5V, GND and IN data, in case you want to power externally. Advanced solderer's can use a thin wire to connect from the IN pad to other GPIO pins if desired.
Adafruit include some header that you can solder to your QT Py.
- Comes as an assembled and tested PCB
- For any QT Py or Xiao boards
- Uses the 5V input via USB Type-C connector on QT Py to Power 25 NeoPixels
- Default connected to pin A3 for NeoPixel data line. Not level shifted but the SK6805's are happy to run at 5V power with 3V input logic level.
QT Py is not included.
Product Dimensions: 20.9mm x 17.9mm x 2.8mm / 0.8" x 0.7" x 0.1"
Product Weight: 1.3g / 0.0oz
Adafruit 5x5 NeoPixel Grid BFF Add-On for QT Py and Xiao
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments