Teensy 3.5 / 3.6by PJRC
Teensy is a microcontroller development board used for building all sorts of awesome DIY electronic projects.
The Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 use far more powerful microcontroller chips; a huge step up in capability from prior Teensy and other Arduino compatible boards.
The pin assignments have been designed to preserve compatibility with the 28 breadboard-friendly pins of prior Teensy 3.x models. All 28 of these pins support the same features as the older models.
More I/O pins are available at small surface mount pads on the back side. The 6th serial port, 4th I2C port and 3rd SPI port are on these pins. They're not as easy to access as the main 42 through-hole pins on the outside edge, but for projects where you really need access to a huge number of I/O signals or those extra communication ports, these boards do give you a way to access them (but keep the board to a reasonably small "Teensy" size).
Teensy 3.6 has a second USB port which is capable of 480 Mbit/sec speed. It's intended to used in USB host mode, so you can connect USB devices like a keyboard or memory stick. This USB port is accessed using 5 pins, which are compatible with the commonly available internal PC cables for USB.
The Arduino IDE is the primary method used to program Teensy. Like prior models, the goal for Teensy is the best possibility compatibility with all Arduino functions and widely used libraries.
Technical Features & Specifications
- 62 I/O Pins (42 breadboard friendly)
- 25 Analog Inputs to 2 ADCs with 13 bits resolution
- 2 Analog Outputs (DACs) with 12 bit resolution
- 20 PWM Outputs (Teensy 3.6 has 22 PWM)
- USB Full Speed (12 Mbit/sec) Port
- Ethernet mac, capable of full 100 Mbit/sec speed
- Native (4 bit SDIO) micro SD card port
- I2S Audio Port, 4 Channel Digital Audio Input & Output
- 14 Hardware Timers
- Cryptographic Acceleration Unit
- Random Number Generator
- CRC Computation Unit
- 6 Serial Ports (2 with FIFO & Fast Baud Rates)
- 3 SPI Ports (1 with FIFO)
- 3 I2C Ports (Teensy 3.6 has a 4th I2C port)
- Real Time Clock
Board Specific Features
|Teensy 3.6||Teensy 3.5|
|180 MHz ARM Cortex-M4 with Floating Point Unit||120 MHz ARM Cortex-M4 with Floating Point Unit|
|1M Flash, 256K RAM, 4K EEPROM||512K Flash, 192K RAM, 4K EEPROM|
|Microcontroller Chip MK66FX1M0VMD18||Microcontroller Chip MK64FX512VMD12|
|2 CAN Bus Ports||1 CAN Bus Port|
|32 General Purpose DMA Channels||16 General Purpose DMA Channels|
|All digital and analog pins are 3.3 volts. Do not apply more than 3.3V to any signal pin.||5 Volt Tolerance On All Digital I/O Pins|
|USB High Speed (480 Mbit/sec) Port|
|22 PWM Outputs|
|4 I2C Ports|
|11 Touch Sensing Inputs|
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier