Automate your own adorable, IoT-enabled papier-mâché house. The small size of this build lets us explore wiring, user interaction, and firmware deployment without having to get a ladder out.
After building this project, you can re-purpose this project for your home or apartment. Adafruit specifically selected components and sensors which are common in real-world IoT projects. You can also go further with this project, adding sensors to monitor different rooms in your house.
Unlike most other IoT platforms, Digi-Key IoT Studio is code-less - all sensor interaction and storage is done automatically by the drag-and-drop IDE. You do not need to install toolchains, code editors or compile any code on your computer! Digi-Key Studio runs in your web browser, handles all aspects of developing an Internet-of-Things project, and even compiles your code remotely.
This high-level integration is possible because IoT Studio has built in support for a range of transport boards, and sensors. Note that not all boards and devices are supported - lucky for us, there are plenty of Adafruit products supported, including some series favorites: the ESP32 Feather and the Analog Devices FeatherWing.
However, instead of just a simple temperature sensor data logger, we’ll make a complete home automation system that you can follow along by picking up this IoT Studio Kit.
- 1 x Assembled Adafruit HUZZAH32 – ESP32 Feather Board with Stacking Headers
- 1 x Adafruit ADXL343 + ADT7410 Sensor FeatherWing
- 1 x Adafruit Non-Latching Mini Relay FeatherWing
- 1 x Adafruit Quad 2x2 FeatherWing Kit with Headers
- 1 x Adafruit BME680 - Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Gas Sensor
- 1 x Adafruit LED Sequins - Ruby Red - Pack of 5
- 1 x CD DVD Spindle Motor
- 1 x 3-Bladed Trifoil Propeller Fan for DC Motor
- 1 x Magnetic Contact Switch (Door Sensor)
- 1 x USB cable - USB A to Micro-B - 3 foot long
- 3 x JST-PH Battery Extension Cable - 500mm
- 1 x Buzzer 5V - Breadboard friendly
- 1 x Papier-mâché House
- 1 x Popstick
Soldering is required to attach headers and wires! You will need some basic hand tools like wire cutters, heat shrink, and soldering iron to build the smart home
Smart Home Kit for Digi-Key IoT Studio - Feather ESP32 + Parts
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments