The 7” Touchscreen Monitor for Raspberry Pi gives users the ability to create all-in-one, integrated projects such as tablets, infotainment systems and embedded projects.
The 800 x 480 display connects via an adapter board which handles power and signal conversion. Only two connections to the Pi are required; power from the Pi’s GPIO port and a ribbon cable that connects to the DSI port present on all Raspberry Pi’s. Touchscreen drivers with support for 10-finger touch and an on-screen keyboard will be integrated into the latest Raspberry Pi OS for full functionality without a physical keyboard or mouse.
- Turn your Raspberry Pi into a touch screen tablet, infotainment system, or standalone device.
- Truly Interactive - the latest software drivers will support a virtual ‘on screen’ keyboard, so there is no need to plug in a keyboard and mouse.
- Make your own ‘Internet of Things’ (IoT) devices including a visual display. Simply connect your Raspberry Pi, develop a Python script to interact with the display, and you’re ready to create your own home automation devices with touch screen capability.
- A range of educational software and programs available on the Raspberry Pi will be touch enabled, making learning and programming easier on the Raspberry Pi.
- 7” Touchscreen Display
- Adapter Board
- DSI Ribbon cable
- 4 x stand-offs and screws (used to mount the adapter board and Raspberry Pi board to the back of the display
- 4 x jumper wires (used to connect the power from the Adapter Board and the GPIO pins on the Pi so the 2Amp power is shared across both units)
- Raspberry Pi 4
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
- Raspberry Pi Model B+
- Raspberry PI Model A+
Update: As of October 2015 the touchscreen is now supported on the Model B and A Raspberry Pi in Raspbian. You'll just need to add jumpers from SDA1 and SCL1 on the Pi to SDA and SCL on the display board and to add "ignore_lcd=0" to /boot/config.txt to be up and running!
- 7” Touchscreen Display.
- Screen Dimensions: 194mm x 110mm x 20mm (including standoffs)
- Viewable screen size: 155mm x 86mm
- Screen Resolution 800 x 480 pixels
- 10 finger capacitive touch.
- Connects to the Raspberry Pi board using a ribbon cable connected to the DSI port.
- Adapter board is used to power the display and convert the parallel signals from the display to the serial (DSI) port on the Raspberry Pi.
For best results:
- Install the latest Raspbian image from here (not NOOBS): https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/
- Use an official Pi power supply
- Use one of our dual microB USB cables (not compatible with Raspberry PI 4)
- Seat the FPC connectors firmly and close them tightly
N.B. Will require the latest version of Raspbian OS to operate correctly.
Raspberry Pi 7" Touchscreen Display
SC0025Out of stock £57.50
Pibow Touchscreen Frame
Pibow Touchscreen Frame – Noir+ £11.00
Pibow Touchscreen Frame – Coupé Red+ £11.00
Other useful extras
Dual microB USB Power Cable+ £2.50
Universal USB-C Power Supply+ £7.50
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B – 2GB RAM+ £37.40
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B – 4GB RAM+ £45.80
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B – 8GB RAM+ £62.45
Raspberry Pi 3 A++ £23.75
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 50,000+ customer reviews
- Approved Raspberry Pi Reseller
- Secure website and payments