The MonsterBorg is a beast of a kit designed to be taken off road or driven autonomously, built to take hard bumps and knocks. MonsterBorg is capable of driving upside-down and even flipping itself over.
The MonsterBorg can be programmed as a self-driving robot, used for education about self-driving systems, or raced around the garden as an RC off-roader. It also makes a great platform for hacking about with robots by adding extra sensors or servos.
- Up to three hours runtime!
- Designed for the Raspberry Pi.
- 4x high-torque 300 RPM metal geared 37mm motors (pre soldered)
- Rugged 3mm thick Aluminium chassis
- 105mm / 4 inch diameter off road wheels
- ThunderBorg 5A motor controller
- ThunderBorg Lid for 10xAA batteries
- Mount for a Raspberry Pi camera
- No soldering required
The MonsterBorg kit comes with the wires, screws, motors, hubs and wheels that you need to get it running. You need just add a Raspberry Pi, a micro SD card, 10 AA batteries, and an optional Pi camera. Screwdrivers are needed for assembly.
You can find the original Kickstarter project that launched MonsterBorg here.
* Raspberry Pi 4 - Model B compatibility: PiBorg have tested MonsterBorg with the Pi 4 and it works fine, however the 5V supply does not fully meet the Pi 4's 2.5A specification.
Why not try it with Yukon?
Looking for a controller for your project? Yukon is a high-power modular robotics and engineering platform, built around RP2040 and designed to drive the most ambitious robots, props and devices.
Yukon is a standalone controller that can be equipped with up to six interchangeable modules capable of driving high-powered hardware - this is made possible by the unique pin capabilities of Raspberry Pi's multitalented RP2040 chip. This flexibility means you can drive many unique combinations of motors, servos, steppers, speakers, LED strips and more, all from a single Yukon host!
MonsterBorg - The Ultimate Raspberry Pi Robot
MMP-1197Out of stock£175.00
Shop with confidence – we've been serving the hobbyist electronics, Maker, and retro gaming communities since 2012.
- Satisfaction or refund guarantee
- Worldwide shipping via mail or courier
- 52,000+ customer reviews
- Secure website and payments